Menu
Highlighted
kevcopp99
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

up grade deals

think its awful that new customers get better/cheaper deals than as myself can get from being a loyal customer for years & years ... omg Why ???

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: up grade deals

@kevcopp99 wrote:

think its awful that new customers get better/cheaper deals than as myself can get from being a loyal customer for years & years ... omg Why ???

Industry standard all 3 suppliers VM , Sky & BT work off the exact same model throw an enticing offer to new customers to get them to jump ship from there current provider and long term customers can sing for it. Best option if you have a Satellite dish every 13 months change from Sky to VM that way you will always get there best 12 month deal and at the end of month 12 give the 30 day notice and go to the opposition. That way you get the best of both worlds.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@praxis wrote:

@kevcopp99 wrote:

Industry standard all 3 suppliers VM , Sky & BT work off the exact same model throw an enticing offer to new customers to get them to jump ship from there current provider and long term customers can sing for it.

To be fair I have got better than new customer deals when I have been thinking of leaving.  Also used to get the odd decent offer via My Upgrades & Offers, but these days it is so screwy, the "Offers" are more than the 12 month rolling contract prices.   An example...  

£29.00 extra a month

to upgrade my broadband from 50 Mbps to 100 Mbps.

In case anyone asks, I am not in contract.

Anyway, will see if BT Sport turns up on Now TV boxes before I call in August. Though Virgin are free to call me with an offer I can't refuse in the meantime.  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@praxis wrote:

Best option if you have a Satellite dish every 13 months change from Sky to VM that way you will always get there best 12 month deal and at the end of month 12 give the 30 day notice and go to the opposition. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Not sure of the exact details (not tried myself but know a man who has!) but I think all companies now have changed the "rejoining" models so that if you rejoin within 3-6-12 (?) months you are no longer classed as a new customer (you are a "returning customer") and so are not eligible for those "New" deals.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

@praxis wrote:

Best option if you have a Satellite dish every 13 months change from Sky to VM that way you will always get there best 12 month deal and at the end of month 12 give the 30 day notice and go to the opposition. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Not sure of the exact details (not tried myself but know a man who has!) but I think all companies now have changed the "rejoining" models so that if you rejoin within 3-6-12 (?) months you are no longer classed as a new customer (you are a "returning customer") and so are not eligible for those "New" deals.

Not sure but as you say I know a man that did it regularly and always got a new customer deal from either VM or Sky.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

£45/month for 200MBps + full house + phone is an offer you currently can get if you are thinking of leaving and is better than the new customer "deal" which is the same monthly price + £25 setup fee and with just 100Mbps

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/full-house-bundle.html?buspart=uk_ps_a_cable_purchase_GOOGL...

Existing customers, especially those with high ARPU, can get better deals than new customers.  Just ask!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Possibly.... but as always on the glossy VM shop webpages - you have to read the "legal stuff" which says...

The legal stuff

Prices may change at any time during the contract.

New customers only. SERVICES ONLY AVAILABLE IN VIRGIN MEDIA NETWORK AREAS. Subject to survey, network capacity and credit check. A minimum period applies to the services, please check basket for details.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

Possibly.... but as always on the glossy VM shop webpages - you have to read the "legal stuff" which says...

The legal stuff

Prices may change at any time during the contract.

New customers only. SERVICES ONLY AVAILABLE IN VIRGIN MEDIA NETWORK AREAS. Subject to survey, network capacity and credit check. A minimum period applies to the services, please check basket for details.

I am not writing about the new customer offers.  When you think of leaving, the process is a call to retentions to give notice where they may give you an offer you can't refuse. If you do refuse, you get a call with another offer you can't refuse.  And if you refuse that another call/email with another offer you can't refuse.  In all likelihood one of the offers ends up being as good as or better than the new customer offers.

Of course if VM make offers you can refuse then you go elsewhere.  Having been with VM/NTL for 16 consecutive years that hasn't happened yet.

0 Kudos