Menu
Warby1
Joining in
Message 691 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Loss of channels

Loss of channels, rip off prices and only a £3 reduction on the bill, come on Virgin all your loyal customers will gladly wave goodbye this time. When we had this same incident with Sky many years ago you looked after your customers. Now R. B has left you don't give a 🦉 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 692 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: UK TV

very much doubt they'll lower the subscription fees, they'll we replaced it with other channels etc
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
hansi
Superfast
Message 693 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: uktv

Yes to what?

0 Kudos
JenniG
Tuning in
Message 694 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Someody had been told by VM that the new channels had different names but the same content and asked if they'd been conned!

New to this, and thought I had commented on their message!

0 Kudos
lizzie6908
Joining in
Message 695 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

I signed up to virgin in October and got the full house bundle. I'm perfectly happy with the Internet. How ever now they have taken uktv off  I feel they are In breach of contract as I only got the full house bundle to Watch UK gold and watch. As they have taken these channels off air I feel they should give costumers a choice of what tv bundle they want regardless off how long is left on there contract as I think most of the TV I want to watch now is on freeview does anyone else feel the same

bella4paws
Just joined
Message 696 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Delighted????anyone?????

Apparently Virgin are delighted to offer new channels.....anyone else of the same view? if I wanted sport I would get sky...I do not want any one the channels they are delighted to offer.. I did not sign up to any of these channels...They have broken contract with no notice where is the fairness in that..we would all have been penalised if that was us wanting to break contract...I hope the saving of money is worth it for the loss of customers they are going to get..this certainly is not customer satisfaction. VIRGIN you need to come to some agreement and quickly before you lose credibility and customer if you haven't already..IS IT WORTH IT???

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Fibre optic
Message 697 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: UKTV cancellation

Then you should have read the terms and conditions.

Highlighted
grahamtriggs
Fibre optic
Message 698 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media set to lose 4 million customers send for Richard Branson

wrote:

I don't understand why Virgin is paying for most of these channels.  The value of them is pretty limited given a number are on freeview, the UKTV app and Now TV.  Surely they shouldn't pay for the ones on freeview and the others can be add ons for people to pay for.  

They aren't all on Freeview, and they are NOT in HD on Freeview. The difference between getting them in heavily compressed Freeview SD, and on Virgin in HD is pretty big.

The question is how much is Virgin paying. I may be wrong, but I suspect that it won't be that much in the grand scheme of things, and comparable to what Sky are paying for the same amount of content.

So, what Virgin are paying for is so that they have a lot of additional HD content available in their Full House bundle. Surprisingly enough, a lot of people that shell out for the Full House bundle actually do so because they want HD content. I'm not paying it to watch Nicktoons, Home & Health and TrueMovies.

0 Kudos
amigo
Dialled in
Message 699 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delighted????anyone?????

This stinks to high heaven, Virgin Media have handled this badly,

and have taken their customers  for granted, we need to band together and demand

changes to suit us, rather than money-grabbing management. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 700 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delighted????anyone?????

Yep!

Love Nature beats Eden hands down. Eden was starting to show a lot of repeats (like its Gold sister channel). There were rumours UKTV were looking to close it next year.

Customers have been chasing VM for Freesports & Horse & Country for some time through online petitions & social media (& people threatening to leave). These have now arrived.

History HD is long overdue. We have had H2 HD for ages its crazy the main History channel still remained in SD.

OK I will miss Yesterday & Dave being at the touch of a button on my VM box, but I have always had Freeview as a backup so can get them there if I want.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos