Menu
skp20040
Tuning in
Message 71 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: uktv

This is just ridiculous from all parties , BBC well they do not like the on demand on Virgin, well there is not that much of it to be honest, and they say they sell those rights to people such as Netflix, so why can you watch on UKTV Play on the internet then including BBC shows and for free, it makes no sense to the BBC argument . As for Virgin sorry but their constant quibling with providers  over fees is getting annoying they will now remove a huge number of channels and expect us all to be fine with it but how long will it be before we get another letter telling us our service contract price is increasing ??? Sky is beginning to seem the way to go and from reading online the number of people saying they will now leave Virgin this will end up being a very costly mistake for Liberty Global, in todays climate they would do well not to take their clients and their continuation in business for granted when there are many other options . Look what has happened to may other businesses of late .

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 72 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loosing ukTv channel

If you read the articles in the media it is down to a row about distribution fees and the BBC restrictions on making on demand content available.

An aerial won't help you with the UKTV channels not on Freeview.

unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 73 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

UKTV Channels - bye bye Virgin TV

Dear Virgin Media,

Just to let you know my TV service will be finished at end of my special bundle deal at two addresses in our family. The Player bundle is already limited as it does not carry a number of free to air channels that are free on other services like Freeview and Freesat (like EuroNews and others) and now you want to remove DRAMA (UKTV). Not everyone has line of sight for satellite or has restrictions, and similarly with Freeview reception if they are in a dip or trees around, although I can get Freeview.

Don't want to hear excuses from you about the "wonderful" naff channels you have lined up. I like BRITISH channels not dross from overseas.

So I have 3 months to access my recordings, so nice of you. Yet a Windows Media Center PC can record everything free to air and keep forever like a number of free to air boxes so really your service is not as good as your marketing boasts.

There's been a lot of classics repeated on the Drama channel recently which we recorded as a library and now it will be incomplete, and you will erase like I lost a lot of content from Sky Arts a few years ago when one of the channels ended. So even if you re-add the channels in 6 months time, you've lost a subscriber to your TV service and probably others too.

You should be supporting UK broadcasters not pulling them off. Its a disgrace. There is obviously commercial conflict, may be with access of that programming from your 'in bed' relationship with Netflix - there's something else going on here. I was actually thinking of upgrading to MIX at end of my first year to get UK GOLD and reduce Broadband to retain similar pricing!! Well you've put paid to that now. This also means the phone service will now go as part of the bundle too. So its NOW TV consuming your broadband service instead for that.

As usual, customers are just cash cows and you didn't consult your customers for their feedback you just decided to chop the channels. You must be a nightmare to work for, must be such authoritarian and dictator leadership.

Cue the sycophants who will now defend VM and say how wonderful they are.....I am fully aware of FreeSat and Freeview. The fact is I currently have Virgin TV under agreed supplied channels and made use of the TIVO to create a library of programmes which could be lost.

unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 74 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: UK TV Why?

@apcyberax wrote:
https://www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/customer-offers/v1

Do you speak on behalf of VM then to get out of minimum term contracts for removal of what people thought they would be watching or do you work for Sky???????

0 Kudos
Veeby05
Joining in
Message 75 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: UKTV Channels - bye bye Virgin TV

I totally agree with you! I am losing some of my favourite channels that i watch daily! Inc Watch and Home. I renewed my subscription in January and am not happy at all! Also i only found out today and my channels finish in 2 days 😞 I will not be renewing my subscription.
0 Kudos
ib168
Joining in
Message 76 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Loss of UKTV Channels

I’m on a VIP bundle, which includes the UKTV channels, if these channels are being taken away, can I cancel my contract as Virgin are no longer offering the advertised bundle contents ? No more OFAH, Top Gear, Most Haunted...... the list is endless 😡

0 Kudos
qprdaz74
Joining in
Message 77 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

UKTV Channels

I hope that the issue with UKTV will be resolved as I'm pretty annoyed about this I pay for all the services from Virgin.  The channels which are replacing these are not to my taste, if this is not sorted I feel I will have to cancel my subscription and go to Sky as they have offered me a better deal. 

Regards 

0 Kudos
GreenIsGood
Settling in
Message 78 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: uktv

Well we'll be leaving.

With the sad state of comedy nowadays, GOLD was never off the TV in our house. So yeah, bye.

Highlighted
ianlawes
Just joined
Message 79 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

loss of uktv

can't believe you've allowed the current situation to develop.

seriously considering giving up Virgin tv

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 80 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: UKTV Channels

If they have offered you a better deal why stay even if it is sorted?