Menu
Atkins1
Dialled in
Message 31 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin losing UKTV Play Channels

Share this say we are not happy to uktv and we still keep the new channels we pay good money for our subscription with virgin to lose 10 good channels is bad let's make our views known to uktv and virgin so they can come to an agreement before Sunday 

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 32 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: uktv

@frosty1977 wrote:
The papers say it's because Virgin want to pay less than they already paying.

The other channels get more Wonga for having a full On Demand package to back up their broadcast channels. UKTV don't.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 33 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

nothing will change i guarantee it. the agreement has already been made. uktv is leaving.
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 34 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: UKTV LOSS

blame uktv for this one.

virgin increase prices ONCE a year. unless you get a discount that ends.

0 Kudos
edge306
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Goodbye Virgin TV.  Would have appreciated more notice.  I don't want these brilliant new channels.  I'll take my custom elsewhere.

Atkins1
Dialled in
Message 36 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

That's why we need to show uktv and virgin that there customers are not happy in what's happening 1 is being greedy uktv and other is being tight with there money virgin not paying uktv the money they want we pay for subscriptions to mainly have those channels on see how they react when they lose subscribers because of this 

Atkins1
Dialled in
Message 37 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Yes Good mate more of us subscribers should say this 

Highlighted
Bridgets55
Tuning in
Message 38 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

UKTV Channels

Ok from midnight on Saturday I am going to lose the UK TV Channels and they are being replaced by American rubbish which I am not interested in.  I watch Yesterday, Good Food Channel, Home, Drama and Gold.

You are devaluing the package in effect so am I going to get a reduction in the cost ?

You and BBC need to sort this out.  A bit like the spat Virgin had with Sky a few years ago, it all comes down to money so SORT IT OUT

Atkins1
Dialled in
Message 39 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

We won a petition about adding freesports to virgin which launches tomorrow then we don't mind new channels why should we have 10 good channels taken away over contract issues we are Good virgin subscribers so let's fight to keep these channels on virgin or we take our custom somewhere else 

dodgem21
Dialled in
Message 40 of 1,756
Flag for a moderator

Re: uktv

I have always found the picture quality on on demand very poor so rarely use it. I would much rather they just do a deal for the linear channels and forget the on demand stuff. 

Surely thats the point of the Tivo record it at our leisure then watch the recording on demand.