Menu
paul0363
Superfast
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: stv hd

It all looks OK here in Fife (adverts for Edinburgh and South Fife area on 103 in HD) and my folks in Dundee now have the Tayside version of STV in HD on 103.

The news for the Edinbugh area was merged back into a Glasgow based version in September last year

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

A lot of the English sub-region studios have closed & merged to one region now. However, there are still separate sub-region news programmes. ITV get round this by pre-recording one sub-regions news programme & putting it out at the same time as the live version for the other sub-region. As long as there is a dual play-out facility that has 2 separate circuits this could also be utilised in Scotland.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
GoldenBrown
Tuning in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes indeed, it is a joint news from Glasgow and Edinburgh. However, after the first few shared stories Edinburgh has news and sport for the East before coming back together for the weather and the last  story (although the weather is also split west/east). My point is that living in Edinburgh we are getting the Glasgow feed on103 HD.

0 Kudos
paul0363
Superfast
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Was it still the same for you this evening?  I've just watched the STV news here in Dunfermline on 103HD and we got the Edinburgh news and East Scotland weather.  Could be an issue with the feed to your head end at South Gyle as you say. We're served from Glenrothes so it looks like that has the correct feed. 

0 Kudos
GoldenBrown
Tuning in
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul. Yes, it appears to be the correct Edinburgh feed tonight. Problem solved!

Strangely enough it's Channel 4 that's got a problem - it's letterbox on SD, but full screen on 141 HD!

0 Kudos
paul0363
Superfast
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@GoldenBrown wrote:

Strangely enough it's Channel 4 that's got a problem - it's letterbox on SD, but full screen on 141 HD!

Yep - noticed that too - also CH4+1.  I've started another thread about that!

0 Kudos