Menu
Reply
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
kevinrolfe
Joining in
443 Views
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

sky sports

for weeks (months) when watching live sport only on sky the picture breaks up all the time . i have reported it but no difference .

unless it is sorted soon i will leave sky as it completely ruining my viewing of sky sports which is only reason i have it 

what is going on 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.92K
  • 104
  • 230
Forum Team
Forum Team
387 Views
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports

Hello kevinrolfe

Sorry you have had to post on our forums regarding Sky Sports 

Has this settled down now or have you had to call in again 

If you do need help then please let me know 

I will be more than happy to take a look for you 

Regards 

Gareth_L Forums Team 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
kevinrolfe
Joining in
349 Views
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports

i am so fed up with this and will leave unless virgin sort this out 

we had another engineer visit who fiddled about and told us nothing wrong and then as soon as he leaves and we watch sky main event in particular but some others as well (not normal terestrial channels ) the picture breaks up

i cannot accept this service we are paying a lot of money and deserve a perfect picture 

if you can not takes hours then you have to wait at home for a visit to do nothing !

fibak chance virgin what will you do ?

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
kevinrolfe
Joining in
341 Views
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports

sky sports main event by far worst 

are sky stitching virgin up/do others have this issue 

if so i am going to have to join sky sorry 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 1.89K
  • 123
  • 276
japitts
Super solver
311 Views
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports

You're certainly doing the right thing by reporting this fault, and an engineer attendance is almost certainly the right course of action for picture breakup issues.

Are you able to record examples of when this happens, and perhaps play the engineer the resulting video? Either on your phone to demonstrate live TV/recorded TV/different channels, or even a recording of a program when it happens.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
kevinrolfe
Joining in
291 Views
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports

yes we are going to record it thanks we thought of that yesterday when the picture was rubbish

having said that a breaking up picture is what it says . the trouble is the engineers aren’t interested 

i thought virgin was all about customer satisfaction but it seems to me they are about profits . each report takes ages on phone then waiting in half a day that is the issue . then if not fixed is pojntless

last chance saloon 

 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 716
  • 49
  • 117
praxis
Rising star
266 Views
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports


@kevinrolfe wrote:

for weeks (months) when watching live sport only on sky the picture breaks up all the time . i have reported it but no difference .

unless it is sorted soon i will leave sky as it completely ruining my viewing of sky sports which is only reason i have it 

what is going on 


Does the cable that connects to your VM box have an attenuator on it ? It is about the same size as a small usb stick it will be between the cable and the box hexagonal in shape it could be that your signal is too strong and one of these is needed to balance out signal strength.We have one fitted to our cable for the exact same reason however it needs to be fitted by a VM engineer as he needs to test signal strength to fit the right one.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 8.27K
  • 852
  • 1.3K
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
253 Views
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports


@kevinrolfe wrote:

yes we are going to record it thanks we thought of that yesterday when the picture was rubbish

having said that a breaking up picture is what it says . the trouble is the engineers aren’t interested 

i thought virgin was all about customer satisfaction but it seems to me they are about profits . each report takes ages on phone then waiting in half a day that is the issue . then if not fixed is pojntless

last chance saloon 

 


You have never said, so.....   Which VM TV box are you using? Is it on HD or SD or both that the picture breaks up?  What TV model do you have (and is it 4K)?  Have you tried a new good quality HDMI lead and tried that in all of the TV's HDMI ports?  Finally, have you got a second TV or computer monitor you can put on to the TV box to confirm it is a problem with that box?


--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
kevinrolfe
Joining in
249 Views
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports

sorry you have lost me...I have reported it twice and site visits
I have 2 TiVo boxes and same on both
it is not up to me to get cables
it is a problem for virgin to sort
thanks
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 8.27K
  • 852
  • 1.3K
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
242 Views
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sports


@kevinrolfe wrote:
sorry you have lost me...I have reported it twice and site visits
I have 2 TiVo boxes and same on both
it is not up to me to get cables
it is a problem for virgin to sort
thanks

OK.   Only thing I would add is that when I had the sound dropping out of my brand new Samsung TV last year - it was nothing to do with their V6 box or signal.  It was only fixed when I contacted Samsung UK Support and they connected remotely to my TV to "perform the HDMI EDID script rewriting" and that cured it - VM would never have sorted that one.  Not saying that's your issue but if the two TV's are identical makes/models it would be worth contacting their support line too.


--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.