Menu
mikeharley1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

replacing tivo with v6

Will I be able to access/copy my previously saved shows and films on my old faulty Tivo box when it is replaced by a new V6 box, or will I lose everything?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: replacing tivo with v6

Simple and quick reply. You will lose the lot. The only thing you can save and transfer are series links.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
DavFB
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'd advise against using the V6 box if you own a SAMSUNG TV. Many users, including myself, have reported black screen (loss of image) issues with the V6 box. The only solution I could find after the engineer could only replace with another V6 was to ditch the V6 and get a TIVO box. That worked.

David

0 Kudos
mikeharley1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I have a new JVC tv, so hopefully no problem.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Wise owl
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar "sound dropping"  issue on my Sammy TV with the V6 (thread posted on here ~6 months ago).  Anyways, long story short it was resolved only by contacting Samsung UK support who connected remotely to my TV and performed....  "the HDMI EDID rewriting" ... on the TV settings.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes, Superhub2 with VIVID 200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos