Menu
hooose
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

really **bleep** off with virgin

the on demand and catch up keeps dropping which is very annoying tried 15 times to speak to virgin after always being on hold for a hour every time finally got through they sent a new v6 box which i didnt ask for, tried to set this up and would not work so again had to spend hours on the phone to try to register the box and in the end gave up and went back to the old box. this is still not working on demand  can any one help with this

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: really **bleep** off with virgin

so lets see if i understand.
1) on demand is not working
2) VM sent you a new box to fix the problem
3) you did not install it and went back to the broken box
4) you are **bleep**ing about it still not working

Shocking i wonder why
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's how I read it too, apcyberax

@hooose- the resolution to this, will be to get your replacement box working. First thing, your old & new boxes - which are they, TiVo or V6? If you're not sure, check here - especially if you've moved from a TiVo to a V6, there are differences with how the internet work.

Are you getting any error messages from your box, that will give a clue where the issue lies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
hooose
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

v6, cannot get this working as i beleve it needs activating as it will not load up channels, can not get in touch with virgin despite 15 attemts with nearly 80 min on hold

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You've not said whether this was a V6>V6 replacement, or if you've moved from a TiVo. I'm only mentioning it because the internet connectivity is different if so.

Have you tried following the steps on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 which might just save you the support call?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
hooose
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tvo to v6, tried help pages and error code page which says contact virgin, 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi hooose,

You need to call the automated line 0800 953 9500 to activate the V6. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following which might avoid a phone call :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Remember the TiVo had its internet connection inbuilt, the V6 needs a separate one via your homehub. If this isn't present, then issues during setup could well result.

0 Kudos