Menu
grahamtriggs
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"Value statement"

What a laugh - receiving a bit of paper that tells me absolutely nothing that I didn't know.

I wonder how much money is being wasted on sending those out, instead of paying for the content that we've subscribed for?

In other news - and as an example of how bad Virgin's communication has been - the penny has only just dropped with my Nan that the UKTV channels have gone. She had just made an assumption for a couple of days about the wrong thing being shown.

So that's another £100/month that Virgin are going to lose - because she can't get Alibi.

andyl
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Value statement"

Actually, I think all Virgin Media customers should examine their Value Statement to see what they get for their money.  My view is, that the only selling point / advantage for VM is the high bandwidth broadband   The recent example of the removal of UKTV content demonstrates the overall VM television offering is very poor value for money other than a flash TIVO box. Sky beats VM hands down on TV content 

I am a light broadband user I don't need 150mb, and I am prepared to pay a  small monthly fee for premium TV content not available through Freeview.   Is VM the best provider to meet my requirement at a cost effective price ?   No they are not, and once I've done my research and change all my email contacts I will cancel and move to Now TV and Plus net at about £30 a month combined.     

0 Kudos
Highlighted
countyexile
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I agree it's a total waste of time and money.  Just received my latest one in the same month that I received notice of a £4 per month increase in my package cost!

Just how much does it cost to produce and mail out these "value" statements? It would be better spent trying to keep customers annual price rises in line with the inflation rate and not, as it has been in recent years, substantially more than the RPI increase.

If Virgin really feel they are necessary then why not email them and save stationery and postage costs at least?

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We tend to get these by post maybe once a year, but email probably every 3 months.

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@grahamtriggs wrote:

What a laugh - receiving a bit of paper that tells me absolutely nothing that I didn't know.

I wonder how much money is being wasted on sending those out, instead of paying for the content that we've subscribed for?

In other news - and as an example of how bad Virgin's communication has been - the penny has only just dropped with my Nan that the UKTV channels have gone. She had just made an assumption for a couple of days about the wrong thing being shown.

So that's another £100/month that Virgin are going to lose - because she can't get Alibi.

You should see how often they send me the mobile phone booklet 

0 Kudos