Menu
Highlighted
halfbeat33
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

leave Virgin

My contract runs out on 7th October.Phoned today to cancel it so runs out just after my contract date.Offered another deal which I wasn't overly fussed with or impressed with. I was then told it would cost me £240 disconnection fee!!! I said your having a laugh why should I pay that when my contract has run out. They then informed me cancel after your contract has run out and there will be no fee! Just means they can con another months fee off me £74! Definitely leaving much better deals out there.

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: leave Virgin

@halfbeat33 wrote:

My contract runs out on 7th October.Phoned today to cancel it so runs out just after my contract date.Offered another deal which I wasn't overly fussed with or impressed with. I was then told it would cost me £240 disconnection fee!!! I said your having a laugh why should I pay that when my contract has run out. They then informed me cancel after your contract has run out and there will be no fee! Just means they can con another months fee off me £74! Definitely leaving much better deals out there.

which ever member of VM staff you spoke is spinning you a pile of BS if your contract come to an end on 7th October you only need to give 30 days notice of termination and as today is the 11th September you are well within the 30 days for termination.Which number did you call ? and did you get UK call centre or overseas ?

If you did not call 150 give that a try tomorrow they are open from 8am try calling as early as possible that way you stand a better chance of getting UK rather than overseas.Ask why you are expected to pay the amount quoted as your contract will have ended by then. They will try and get you to stay by offering you a better deal but you will need to agree to a new 12 month contract. At that point it’s up to you to decide to stay or leave.Double check your online account to make sure you have you end of contract date correct. When you call 150 your looking for options 1 1 4 5 thinking of leaving us.

0 Kudos
halfbeat33
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I dont have virgin mobile so whats the number i need to ring. It was an overseas call centre. Is there anything in writing i can quote about no disconnection fee? 

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@halfbeat33 wrote:

Thanks. I dont have virgin mobile so whats the number i need to ring. It was an overseas call centre. Is there anything in writing i can quote about no disconnection fee? 

If you have VM landline call 150 it’s free if no VM landline call 03454541111 if you are 100% sure your contract ends on the date you mentioned you should only have a final bill to pay depending on when you billing cycle is. I think if you have got the overseas call centre there BS should be reported to VM H/Q.

see here for more info

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-how-to-cancel

dave1954
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

29 Jul18:14Service number calls08454541111Not included33:39£20.19

Thank you so much for your replies but as you will see above where i have been charged ... I have paid that Monthly Bill .

Regards Dave .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@dave1954 wrote:
29 Jul18:14Service number calls08454541111Not included33:39£20.19

Thank you so much for your replies but as you will see above where i have been charged ... I have paid that Monthly Bill .

Regards Dave .

I’m neither sure of your post’s pertinence to this thread nor your issue.

You are documenting the valid charge for a call to an 0845 number.

0 Kudos