Menu
silentg1971
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

intermittent picture quality TIVO T6, along with poor broadband issues >:(

REPOSTED IN THIS SECTION AS IT ALSO APPLIES. PLUS THE FACT NO ONE HAS ACTUALLY CONTACTED ME VIA OTHER THREADS

I will start by saying what services I currently have with Virgin Media.
Full House bundle, 200Mbps Broadband and Talk Weekends phone line.
I already try and save money by having the 12 month line rental saver (expires 26th Oct 2019)

Now I have told you guys what services I have I will continue. Sorry if this is a really long post but I have to explain it all, please bare with me until the end, it gets interesting.

This has been an ongoing issue for at least 6 months now. Picture is often pixilated, screen freezes and sounds stutter. A lot of people seem to be getting this lately.
Have been reporting this issue for months. I have had at least 4 different engineers out to check stuff and 3 out of 4 said the signals are within "their" limits etc but the cables do need changing in my area at some point.

I get quiet periods where it may occur a few days during the week at different times, on different channels especially HD channels but sometimes SD too.

I have contacted Virgin many times and ALWAYS get the offshore folk who do EXACTLY the same thing.
Ask me to reboot Tivo, they "send signals" (apparently) to the box and all according to them, will be fine.
Erm.... NO, it is NOT fine. The intermittent issues are still happening so how can that be fine!!

It got to the point where I am seriously pondering leaving as I have had enough. I do not expect to pay for services and getting inadequate services to boot. Is it really too much to ask for a 100% service if I am paying 100%.

End of my tether now. Called Virgin and opted for retentions, the lady asked what the issues were and why I was thinking of leaving.
After explaining everything that has been happening and nothing appears to have been done about it she put me on hold. Fine I thought, will be put through to someone who can go through the issues and any kind of fix for this or give some explanation as to why this is continuing.
5 minutes on hold later I get the technical department!!! What!!! I did not want the technical department, I have already called them 3 times this week and told the same thing, reboot, signals sent etc and nothing changed.
So asked to be put back through to retentions. The guy was insistent that he wanted help but I did not want that department anyway.
After another 8 minutes on hold I finally got back to where I wanted to be. Retentions.

Lovely Scottish lady, who understood where I was coming from and why I was irate at the whole situation.
Long story a little short(er).
There IS an issue in MY area and the issue is supposed to be fixed by, wait for it.... AUGUST 2019!!!
A whopping 7 months away. Virgin KNOW the issue, they KNOW what they have to do to fix the issue which is to completely change the cabling but this will not be completed until AUGUST 2019.

In the meantime, unless you actually call them they are not telling you this and yet, still charge you the FULL amount for your package, regardless if you are not getting what you pay for. ie, a GOOD quality TV service and at least most of the broadband speeds paid for.

Now, here is where it gets interesting. I called Virgin the second time this week with the same issues as stated above (offshore call centre) and having pointed them towards the issues I am currently facing was told I would get a credit on my account for the 2 days without the service I paid for. 2 days which was the time in between when I called them last.
Upon checking my account, I have a credit of £4.82, so essentially £2.41 per day right. £2.41 + £2.41 = £4.82.

los.png

Remember that figure.
Going back to the retentions call I mentioned earlier in this, the conversation with the lovely Scottish lady.
Once she explained the situation with the issues NOT being completed until AUGUST 2019 I asked what kind of credit would be applied for the lack of total service throughout that 7 month period as I have had no notification that there was going to be anything wrong with my service.
She quoted me, £42 for the broadband issues and another £42.60 for the TV service being pants.
Basically, put up or shut up was the gist of it. She could NOT do anything else with my situation.
Now forgive me I am wrong but £84.60 over 7 months ( even at 30 days per month) this means Virgin are compensating me a sum of roughly 40p per day for the loss of service I am actually paying for. A far cry from the £2.41 per day that I have already been compensated for for the 2 days partial loss of service. Ok, I don't expect to pay nothing for the service but a measly 40p per day credit is an INSULT as far as I am concerned.
At this point I was absolutely BUBBLING HERE, I could have taken Tyson Fury out.
Having asked about cancelling my contract as they are in breach of this I was told they would waiver the exit fees but I would NOT get any sort of refund on the 12 month phone line rental which is paid up to 26th October 2019. Then was told, well you can cancel the TV and broadband and just keep the phone line until the line rental expires. What the actual!!!
I ONLY use the phone line to call Virgin with issues on THEIR services

On checking the service status thing there is 1 TV issue listed and that is for "TV Go-You might find you are unable to view Sky Movies via PC using Windows 10".
No mention of flaky TV signals or erratic broadband speeds. Both show No known issues. Definitely NO signs of any work being completed by AUGUST 2019 Smiley Mad

Opera Snapshot_2019-01-30_033137_my.virginmedia.com.png

So come on Virgin, how on earth can you justify that???

0 Kudos
silentg1971
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: intermittent picture quality TIVO T6, along with poor broadband issues >:(

Interesting conversation I have just had with Virgin Media Retentions.

They KNOW there is an issue which I have now been told is a "High Utilization Issue", new cables are n the process of being laid. ETA 14th August 2019.

Upon questioning the rep about why exactly these issues are NOT reflected on the service status pages for my area. They did not know. They are aware of the issues but until anyone actually calls them in regards to issue NO amount of credit will be added to their account.

The pittance of a credit I have and due to receive for the partial loss of services is essentially correct. Basically calculates at £0.26 per day. They DO NOT apply credit for any loss of TV service, only Broadband service.

These are apparently "OFCOM" based. Hmmm, this will be researched more but any help in this area would be appreciated Smiley Wink

Still the long and short of it is, they know there is an issue, they gave an ETA and credited me according to their guidelines at the maximum of credit they can apply to my account.

I am not so naive to think that I would be credited but the full amount for the services I currently pay for but 26p per day for not receiving the services I am actually paying for is a joke.

FYI I am currently on the FULL house package with VIVID 200 Optical Fibre and Talk Weekends so you have an idea of what I am actually paying per month opposed to what I am getting back in credit for the partial loss of services.

Opera Snapshot_2019-02-08_132057_my.virginmedia.com.png

clap clap Virgin, you really do know how to shaft folk

giphy.gif

If any Virgin Reps have anything to add, do NOT promise to send a PM when you have zero intention of doing such

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

High Utilization Issue is not a fault.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi silentg1971,

Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the service issues and I do fully understand your inconvenience with this. Have you raised a complaint regarding this with the team? If so, what was the resolution please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
silentg1971
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

Hi silentg1971,

Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the service issues and I do fully understand your inconvenience with this. Have you raised a complaint regarding this with the team? If so, what was the resolution please?

Kind regards,

NO RESOLUTION 😠
0 Kudos
silentg1971
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberax wrote:
High Utilization Issue is not a fault.

apparently picture freezing and crappy broadband speeds is called/down to high utilization. THIS is what I have been told TODAY. This is NOT my description, it is THEIRS as to why I am facing issues
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What is the latest status of the complaint please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
silentg1971
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

What is the latest status of the complaint please?

Kind regards,

there is NO latest status. They KNOW there is an issue, they gave an ETA 14th August but we both KNOW that is unlikely to actually happen. The issues I faced originally are STILL occurring and I am supposed to swallow 26p per day for VIRGIN ISSUES when I am paying for a service I am NOT actually getting 😠

Do you see why I am peeved at this???? 

But apparently even though there is an issue with 2 services, BB and TV they only compensate for BB.

Are you actually kidding me!!!!

Is it just BB that I pay for?? NO, it most certainly is not. I am paying for 3 services and as I don't use the phone line except to call Virgin regarding issues with THEIR services. So, it's pretty useless.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry you feel this way but I do fully understand the inconvenience. 

If you're unhappy with what's been offered, your next step is to view the code of practice here - virg.in/compscop

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
silentg1971
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

I am sorry you feel this way but I do fully understand the inconvenience. 

If you're unhappy with what's been offered, your next step is to view the code of practice here - virg.in/compscop

Kind regards,

and for future reference @John_GS I would suggest NOT posting a reply in a thread saying you are sending a PM when you obviously had zero intention of doing such. Just a piece of text to give the public the impression you are doing something to help when you clearly are NOT 😠

0 Kudos