Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

error code 7400

So my second box has decided to have the large error message displayed 7400 and this is the 4th time it has happened. The first 2 times they sorted the third time after getting through 40 mins the call ended abruptly with the tech department just went dead but the problem seemed fixed as the message disappeared and the other channels returned (they were greyed out before) This time, it has done the same again been over 2 weeks now. Written several emails no reply, made several complaints no replies. I called again yesterday and chose the "add subscription" option they seem to answer this more quickly and also I chose the tech support option and the phone just cut out with a thank you for calling message. I was put through to tech support and after 36 minutes of listening to very loud pop music the phone went dead again and I am giving up frankly. TV still not fixed and I am paying £90.00+ a months and cannot access the services and cannot get anyone to contact me. However the phone has rung 4 times last week and they want to talk to be about making the most of my package and possible upgrades ie pay them more money. I let the phone ring the 5th time and it went to my answer phone. When I listened to the message is was over 5 minutes of someone speaking .. not sure sounded like Tamil. I have recorded this and will be trying to find out what they were talking about. Whenever in the past I have had a problem there has been someone there to sort it. I have cancer and need my tv so i dont go completely mad. this is not good service is it?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: error code 7400

Hi Malawi,

I'm so sorry to see you are having repeated issues with your equipment and the repeated 7400 errors.

That error number means your box needs activating (again) perhaps it's a faulty box, or the signal VM sent hasn't been updated correctly. If you have a V6 then you need an internet connection as well to fully activate the box.

You say it's your second box. Do you mean you have 2 set top boxes, or that this is another replacment for a broken box? 

If you have two access points and boxes then you could try and reactivate this non working box by swapping them over temporarily. Hopefully the interent signal will be better there. I'm crossing my fingers that this will avoid another phone call to the faults department.

(VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes), however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box you are installing. By doing this VM should be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I do have 2 boxes I have the V6 one downstairs and the one it replaced upstairs in a bedroom.

I can run a LAN cable up there if it will help. I do notice that the apps are slow to load. But as I said

it keeps doing this this is the 4th time. I am spending a lot of time in that room at the moments and I don't see why 

i should pay for a service I cannot use apart from the lack of help when I call or write to them I have been asked for feed back several times after contacting VM and my replies should have made their eyes bleed!

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I swapped the boxes and ran a lan cable and nothing has changed. 

I have tried to call again and I am just waiting ages and ages on the phone. 40 mins today. I am giving up

I am looking at sky now 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Malawi wrote:

I swapped the boxes and ran a lan cable and nothing has changed. 

This wpuld suggest a problem with the internal cabling, if the fault hasn't moved.

Whether you choose to call Virgin to report the fault, or to cancel your services, you will need to call regardless. I won't defend excess call queues with any company, but sometimes these days a little patience and forbearance can go a long way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Malawi 

Thank you for taking the time to post, I am sorry to hear that you have had this issue with the error code. 

As we are running a little behind schedule, are you able to let us know have you managed to get this resolved since your post? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

maybe if they would answer the phone it would help.

The box needs activating I am told even though they have done this 3 times in the past

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In fact no

I will cancel the direct debit and then any clauses which state that I have to call them are unenforceable as they have prevented 

my compliance by not answering the phone. I have written explaining the situation and have had no reply. 

so no I wont be calling again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I can take a look into this for you. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can look further into this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me via PM 

I am sorry to hear that you think its to late for me to assist you. 

Should you change your mind then please do let us know and we will do all we can to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos