Menu
Highlighted
stevio11
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

changing my sky sports to sky sports HD

I currently have sky sports as part of my package but want to upgrade it to Sky sports HD. Is it just a matter of phoning 150 and speaking with customer service.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: changing my sky sports to sky sports HD

@stevio11 wrote:

I currently have sky sports as part of my package but want to upgrade it to Sky sports HD. Is it just a matter of phoning 150 and speaking with customer service.

You make it sound so simple Smiley Happy

Seriously though - yes that should do it.  In practice it can be difficult to get through at times - be patient on the 45' wait.  Also there will be an increase in monthly charge and it may trigger a "new 1 year" contract - which you may not want if you were planning a move to Sky.  If you have been with VM for a long time and not renegotiated your contract in the last few years - take this as an opportunity to do so - they should give you a loyal customer discount or a better deal on a better package.  Good luck.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You should also be able to do this in My Upgrades & Offers. See below. If you can't access this (not everybody can) you'll have to ring up. It won't put you back in contract but as suggested by jbrennand if you've been out of contract a while you may want to have a chat with Customer Services and negotiate a new price for your services. One additional point which probably isn't relevant to you but may inform others reading the thread, if you have a V HD or V+ HD box, Sky Sports HD channels can no longer be received by these boxes as Virgin removed them from the EPG earlier this year.

2.png

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can I do this if i’ve already agreed to the £22 per month for sky sports? (turned down the £29 per month which I think i should have just went for) 

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@kevino81 wrote:

Can I do this if i’ve already agreed to the £22 per month for sky sports? (turned down the £29 per month which I think i should have just went for) 

Yes.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

whats the easist way to do that.

0 Kudos
kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’ve now done it.  Had to go through the chat site but done.

0 Kudos