Menu
Highlighted
woody3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

changing a tivo box

I have recently received a new tivo v6 box which I have placed next to the hub, I have moved the previous box and placed into another room and that box has been sent back.  The box that I have moved will not connect to the tv and is saying error M63 which is problem with account. I have contacted VM twice and have been told there is no problem with account. I have disconnected the box, re-installed, re-booted and turned on and off this is now going on for 4 days and my son is now fed-up, can anyone help  

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: changing a tivo box

@woody3 wrote:

I have recently received a new tivo v6 box which I have placed next to the hub, I have moved the previous box and placed into another room and that box has been sent back.  The box that I have moved will not connect to the tv and is saying error M63 which is problem with account. I have contacted VM twice and have been told there is no problem with account. I have disconnected the box, re-installed, re-booted and turned on and off this is now going on for 4 days and my son is now fed-up, can anyone help  

Sorry not quite clear what is not connecting - is it the new V6 or the old Tivo?   If the new V6 have you connected it to the Hub - preferably with a short Cat6a cable ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
woody3
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's the old tivo box, I moved it from the main room to my son's room to replace an older box which has been sent back to VM. The box which was sent back had a card inserted(which I have kept,just in case) as there is no router in his room, as I have previously said the tivo box won't connect to his tv and states an error code. We have tried everything

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

is the box connected to the a VM coax connection?

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm wondering if they've done the old classic mistake of deactivating your TiVo instead of the outgoing V+/V HD box. Usually you'd get error 7400 but I suppose M63 is possible. Ring them up again and insist they send an engineer out. You are paying for service on two boxes and one of those isn't working correctly, it's their equipment and their responsibility to fix. Also you can dispose of the viewing card from the old box, it is paired to that particular box and won't work in another. Also the TiVo boxes are now cardless (yes there is still a slot, but it's no longer used since they changed their encryption method).

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited