praxis
Rising star
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: cant watch TV its buffering

@deve8uk wrote:

20190312_205357.jpg

Get this with Netflix and in this case Prime. Thanks in advance

Slightly more information might help I assume it is a V6 box ? Is the buffering only taking place on Netflix & Amazon ? Is your VM TVs playing ok ? Have you tried rebooting your box & Hub this can sometimes sort out problems and it is the first thing they will tell you to do when you call up.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is not a V6 issue.

Amazon Prime Video is a smart TV app, making this simply a broadband issue.

How is the smart TV connected to your broadband and which Superhub do you have?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
deve8uk
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have turned everything off and on. bored with that.
The "V6?" box is in the picture, its connected to SH 3 Voom 350 via its wifi which is directly above it in the office above.
Now either the V^ is incapable of receiving the very strong WIFI signal, or the V3 box is not capable of streaming.
Either way, over to you Virgin because I am paying premium for streaming accounts that I cant bloody well view.

And there are no other devices streaming taking bandwidth.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As I said, and you seem to have ignored, the V6 is not involved as the Amazon Prime Video app is a smart TV app, not a V6 app.

I will repeat - how is your smart TV connected to the Virgin Media Hub 3.0 broadband router?

Is the connection by direct Ethernet cable or Ethernet over powerline adapters or WiFi? If WiFi, 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@deve8uk wrote:

The "V6?" box is in the picture, its connected to SH 3 Voom 350 via its wifi which is directly above it in the office above.
Now either the V^ is incapable of receiving the very strong WIFI signal, or the V3 box is not capable of streaming.
Either way, over to you Virgin because I am paying premium for streaming accounts that I cant bloody well view.

You can't be using the V6 to access the content you have in the picture as that is Amazon Prime and that is not an app currently available on the V6 therefore this must just be your TV as stated above. Are any other apps on your tv struggling?

0 Kudos
deve8uk
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Right. Im going to give up here. But im going to say this before I go.

Its not Prime. My neighbor is fine, as are most of the people at my club who also have prime and watch the sport on it. Its either the tv box or the router. The TV can only show the information its given. its complaining it not got enough BANDWIDTH from a flipping commercial MAX Broadband account. And I did say It was connected to the flipping WIFI. **bleep** waste of my time

@BinghamBloke wrote:

@deve8uk wrote:

You can't be using the V6 to access the content you have in the picture as that is Amazon Prime and that is not an app currently available on the V6 therefore this must just be your TV as stated above. Are any other apps on your tv struggling?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Connect the TV it to the Hub3 with a Cat6a ethernet cable and your problem will disappear as if by magic.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My final say as well and I will not be helping further although I could.

Your issue is that both your smart TV (and likely your V6 also) have a poor broadband connection.

You have failed to provide the information to confirm the cause, as requested, but I suggest both these devices are not connecting securely to the 5GHz WiFi band (because you have not separated the two bands on your Hub 3.0).

jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Your TV needs a consistently strong signal to receive HD broadcasts.  The best way to provide this is with an ethernet cable from the Hub.

If you are using WiFi from the router in the office above, the signal at the TV is clearly not strong enough.

WiFi is always weaker in another room after it has passed through a wall or floor. That's unfortunate - another of life's little challenges.  Fortunately it can be solved with a little effort and/or money.

0 Kudos