Menu
Lozzer78
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

broken manhole cover

Hi 

We reported a broken manhole cover outside our property 4 weeks ago. Scc first sent BT who pointed out it wasn't theirs and was virgin media. They passed on the request, likewise i reported it as well. Since then no one has turned up to access or repair the damage. I myself have had to purchase some steel plating to cover the large hole just so my children and neighbours children do not fall down it , and so we are able to access our driveways. Surely this should be a priority to be repaired ASAP!!  Area Kt10 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: broken manhole cover

Hi Lozzer78,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm really sorry that this is yet to be resolved.

If you'd be able to provide a road name and nearby building number/name, we can raise this directly with our management team for a resolution.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Lozzer78
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachael 

Address is 4 Applegarth Claygate kt10 0ed 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lozzer78,

That's perfect, thank you very much. I've logged this with the relevant team and will be sure to keep you posted with any updates 🙂

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lozzer78,

Just to let you know, a job has been booked for this under reference VM/CIP/362052 so the team should get to this soon.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Varioustopics
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have a similar issue with several virgin access covers which have become trip hazards on the private development I live on. We would like to work with virgin to replace the covers with recessed covers filled with block paving to increase their longevity. Please could someone get in touch with me directly to arrange a visit to discuss this or can you provide a contact email / phone number for the appropriate department.

Kindest regards, 

Sean 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you have an issue with our access covers on your private development.

Sean I would suggest that you could give our street works team a call on 0330 333 0444 and they can discuss this further with you.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Varioustopics
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Super. Thank you Steven. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No problem Sean and please do let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Lozzer78
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Any idea when our manhole will be repaired ? So far all we have is a temporary  yellow plastic cover placed over the top

0 Kudos