Menu
annamarie1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

broken manhole cover

Hello,

There is a broken manhole cover outside 109 East Lane, Wembley, that belongs to virgin. Can someone be sent to fix this or can someone point me in the right direction of to who to contact about this? Its very badly broken and so very dangerous on a busy main road.

Thanks, Anna

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: broken manhole cover

Hi I think you might also need to contact your local council as it's dangerous they will then contact virgin or if it's not theirs they will know whose responsibility it is, but they can put a barrier round it, as this is a public forum it can be a week for a virgin person to respond on here.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
annamarie1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky,

Contacted the council who have still not been out to sort it, also contacted BT who did put a cover round it and informed us it belonged to Virgin. Not sure who else to contact as no one seems to be fixing it!!

Thanks anyway,

Anna

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI annamarie1

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the broken manhole cover. 

I have logged this with our Cabinet and Plant teams via email and detailed how urgent this is. 

Many thanks for letting us know. 

Kind regards

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi annamarie1

I appreciate this is on a busy main road but our Cab and Plant teams have come back to say they will need a picture of this cover to prove it is ours as we have no record of a manhole cover on this street being part of our infrastructure.

I understand BT have placed a cover over this so this is probably not possible now and I don't want you putting yourself at risk either re this as you mentioned it's a busy main road.

I'd personally log this as an escalation with your council to get them to support. I'm not sure how long they have to respond but our local council have to respond to road related concerns within 24 hours and they genuinely do do this too in all fairness. I do understand not all councils are the same though so good luck with this one!

If the council do prove it is ours we would need images of this to send back to the teams that look after the networks for us for maintenance.

Kind regards.

Kaz

If its in the road then its definitely Not VM apparatus as we only have footway cover on this street, I’m a little concerned as to why BT would put a cover over something in the road as that would be even more dangerous, unfortunately everything I have to go on points towards this not being VM so without some kind of proof to the contrary I wouldn’t be able to book anything in for this.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos