Menu
Highlighted
Gav3
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

british customer service

How can I get Virgin media UK customer support? Seems the ladies and Gents in other parts of the world are happy too just fob you off. Anyone got a direct number for UK customer service, please?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: british customer service

There is no way to guarantee getting UK staff.

You will get help on these fora but it is best to place your question in the correct sub forum.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There isn't one. Its just pot luck whether you get offshore or UK depending on how busy they are. As VM are closing Swansea soon you are even more likely to go offshore.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
annorax
Superfast
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

There isn't one. Its just pot luck whether you get offshore or UK depending on how busy they are. As VM are closing Swansea soon you are even more likely to go offshore.

Not all of the jobs from that call centre will be lost as VM have already said they are transferring 220 of the jobs to Scotland.

Virgin Media moves 220 jobs to Scotland - bbc.co.uk

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Gav3 wrote:

How can I get Virgin media UK customer support? Seems the ladies and Gents in other parts of the world are happy too just fob you off. Anyone got a direct number for UK customer service, please?

If you call 150 during the day any time after 8am you stand a better chance of getting UK call centre if you call after 5pm you will more than likely end up elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@annorax wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

Not all of the jobs from that call centre will be lost as VM have already said they are transferring 220 of the jobs to Scotland.

800 to 220 is still a big drop in capacity to answer calls.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
annorax
Superfast
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

@annorax wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

800 to 220 is still a big drop in capacity to answer calls.

But the jobs are still going to an existing VM call centre.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Gav3

Thanks for your post. 

Can we please ask what it is you need to call us about?

Regards 

Gareth_L Forums Team 

0 Kudos
Gav3
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am reliably informed by Virgin on a regular basis that my broadband has been upgraded from 50Mbp to 100Mbp! This was to have taken place some months ago and yet I still get no more than 50Mbp. I spoke with two of your customer support colleagues over the phone, with the first telling me rather rudely that if I wanted the whole 100Mbp I would have to do it through a wire when it states quite clearly on the Virgin website that I should be receiving 100mbp wirelessly.

I have been receiving 50Mbp uninterrupted for some years now wirelessly and would expect the same if I were getting 100Mbp without the use of a wire.

If I lived in the Outer Hebrides then perhaps a wire would be logical but as it stands I live in Edinburgh.

Thank you for replying to my original question and any help you could give in this matter would be gratefully appreciated.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

.. and yet you have failed to respond to help offered on another thread you opened to understand if your equipment is capable of wireless speeds above 50Mb. Not all devices are capable of reaching the speeds offered by Virgin Media.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/100mbp/m-p/3871611

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos