Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

YourTV ceases broadcasting

YourTV (channel 218) has ceased broadcasting on all TV platforms. This is the result of a channel reshuffle following the purchase of Fox Channels UK by Disney.

Some of the programmes will move to sister channel Fox (channels 157, 158 & 199)

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/09/your-tv-to-cease-broadcasting.html

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: YourTV ceases broadcasting

I wonder why VM couldn't include this information in one of the current series of channel shuffle announcement?

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
praxis
Well-informed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Best method to deliver channel closure is EPG that way you stand a better chance of subscribers seeing it rather than a email they may not read.

pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Agreed, though I would have thought the current 'pop ups' work quite well.

The annoying thing is that the system isn't intelligent enough to only show them a couple of times instead of for days after first read.

Its VERY annoying that the web announcement on the PDF Channel Guide page changes in actually always giving the changed channel names AND channel number. Go find it yourself for these and other channels isnt really helpful.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@pdfbt40 wrote:
Agreed, though I would have thought the current 'pop ups' work quite well.

The annoying thing is that the system isn't intelligent enough to only show them a couple of times instead of for days after first read.

Though even the pop ups annoy some!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Sky-news-channel-603/m-p/4072750/highlight/true#M6...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ah, one of 'the other channels' changing.

Is it going to stop for a month or so after 1st October?

Will our favorite channels be "Easier to Find" as stated.  Maybe a consistent pattern of Channel, HD (if still seperate) and +1?
All categories back in one block?

Maybe, but I think I'll be glued to EPG for 30 min reviewing/revising my Web "TV Guide UK" and spreadsheet rather than PDF Channel Guide & magnifier.

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
praxis
Well-informed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am amazed no one has been on here complaining about the loss of a channel and demanding a reduction of there subscription 

😂

pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What?

When we've been converted to HD on 'many' channels? 
(Even though most 'heratige' broadcast seem less than SD quality!)

I'm waiting for the obvious transfer of the old channel package classification (4 ?) to the current new 2 packages and Personal Picks top ups (modelled on Sky).

How will Virgin Media spin that change (and price increase)?

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
praxis
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For a long time VM should been breaking down all channel content into groups ( Music,Kids,Entertainment,Sport,News & Reality,Movies) and the customer should start with Entertainment as basic 1st choice then adding for example Sport & Kids that is the bundle the customer wants then VM set a price for groups chosen.Up till the start of the year we had a Full House Tv and TBH we used about 10 to 15 channels in total out of 230 channels included in the bundle but because we wanted BTSport & HD channels at that time it was the only option available to us. I believe that is how Sky do it and having spoken to quite a few friends that have VM it is an option they would like to have.

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

But isn't that exactly what VMs done for new contracts, following the model of Sky?

Whilst the 'old'
Player
Mix
Fun
Full House
(originally 6 packages!) still exist for existing contracts, new bundles and contracts have only two.
Mixit
Maxit.
With Mixit you can add 'mini' Personal Picks (at extra cost) for Factual & Lifestyle.

Obviously, such a new system list prices cost more, but if you take an 'offer' bundle 12 month contract you can save money.

My bundle was about to have the annual increase of ~6%, but by taking a new contract of Maxit I knocked it down to only £2 for 12 months. I doubt I'l watch any of the extra channels so after 12 months I'll look to change to Mixit & Personal Picks to reduce the £18 increase.
pdfbt40
0 Kudos