Menu
Tom_P
Settling in
Message 11 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Local News

I am also having this issue, I live in Bristol and now get the local welsh news. I know it's not that far away but surely I should at least be getting news from the Country I live in!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 72
Flag for a moderator

If you are getting the wrong region on 101/103 then try 858 for BBC and 870/871 for ITV. If there are any alternate regions output from the headend, this is where they will be.

ITV1+1 originates from Wales on all digital platforms. ITV HD will either be London or Central as there is no west region yet available.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 13 of 72
Flag for a moderator

From 861 up I get the National channels England/NI/Wales/Scotland. I live in Cheltenham so Virgin thinks I am in the South West and FreeView thinks I am in the BBC West Midlands.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 72
Flag for a moderator

The channels from 861 upward are available across the entire Virgin network. Cheltenham headend is either Cardiff or Wessex, which explains why you get South West.

If your Freeview aerial is pointed at Ridge Hill you should actually get two ITV regions, Central West & ITV West (there was one spare available channel allocated to Ridge Hill's SE beam for ITV West). BBC West Midlands is however the correct region for Cheltenham, and is the only adequately receiveable BBC region as far south as Cirencester.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 15 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_P I too live in Bristol... on BBC1 we get BBC West. BBC HD doesn't have regional opt-out ability. ITV1 gives "Westcountry" which is obviously partly-shared with ITV SouthWest (but that's another debate). ITV1+1 gives Wales.

Is this what you're getting?

0 Kudos
Confusion1972
Joining in
Message 16 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I live in Northamptonshire and ITV gives us local news for Brighton and Eastbourne!!! These places are 4 hours away??

Why is my local news not shown on ITV??

I should get Anglia news?

Its annoying with the amount I send on Virgin Media services each month.

Sort it out please Virgin.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@Confusion1972 wrote:

I live in Northamptonshire and ITV gives us local news for Brighton and Eastbourne!!! These places are 4 hours away??

Why is my local news not shown on ITV??

I should get Anglia news?

Its annoying with the amount I send on Virgin Media services each month.

Sort it out please Virgin.

If you are using ITV HD you will only get the Meridian region (this also applies to other providers, not just Virgin). You must use the SD version on channel 103 to get Anglia news as ITV have yet to introduce an HD service for the Anglia regional opt-out.

0 Kudos
Confusion1972
Joining in
Message 18 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I was just viewing channel 103. I dont bother watching HD channels as they never look any different to me??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi Confusion1972,

Welcome to the Forums Smiley Happy

I have taken a look into this for you and have been able to check this out.  I can confirm that on channel 103 you should be receiving ITV 1 Anglia West.  If this is not the content you are receiving then can you please let me know if this is affecting all of your boxes?

Cheers Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tedge
Joining in
Message 20 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I live in Aylesbury and only get 'LONDON' regional news! In fact it should be 'OXFORD'. I did phone the helpline, but was told that it was due to the changes in the regions after digital which-over. This I find hard to believe as I am only 20 miles from Oxford and 48 miles from London. The Oxford regional news covers Aylesbury and surrounding area. London only covers London!!!!

I can not believe it is not possible to get the 'Oxford' signal as it is digital signal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Terry

0 Kudos