Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 51 of 73
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will sky sports be HD only from 1 October 2018

@arrgee1991 wrote:

3138C0EB-98ED-440A-8FEC-9939E2F045A1.jpeg

Why are ALL the HD channels showing in bigger + sports?  

That's the shop channel listing so matches the current bundle offer. It's not the listing for all customers.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
kreid4
Up to speed
Message 52 of 73
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you BenMcr

Can you please post the relevant link/information that clarifies/supports your statement .

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 53 of 73
Flag for a moderator

Here's the terms for the offer - this is on the bottom of every Shop page in the 'Offers' section:

Bigger bundle + Sports: New customers only. Maxit TV including Sky Sports HD and BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD, M100 Fibre Broadband (average download speed 108Mbps) and Talk Weekends. £65 a month for 12 months. Online offer ends 1st September 2019. Price includes line rental (£19 per month). Standard monthly pricing (currently £110 per month) applies from month 13. If you cancel your service during your minimum term an early disconnection fee will apply. Downgrading a service in your bundle may result in loss of bundle discount. If you upgrade any aspect of the service, standard pricing will apply to that upgrade. Virgin Media reserves the right to withdraw or amend the pricing if you change any part of your package. Virgin Media reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer unless stated by Virgin Media.

So it's a new customer offer, not a permanent bundle change to the Bigger or Bigger Oomph bundles.

Here's the general term that covers Sky Sports HD - again on every Shop page in the 'TV' section:

Sky Sports HD channels: Sky Sports HD channels £7 per month when subscribing to Sky Sports SD channels.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 54 of 73
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@BenMcr wrote:

@arrgee1991 wrote:

Why are ALL the HD channels showing in bigger + sports?  

That's the shop channel listing so matches the current bundle offer. It's not the listing for all customers.

That is under bigger + sports.  Where is the alternative?  Can someone from Virgin answer rather than a so called super user.

arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 55 of 73
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@BenMcr wrote:

Here's the terms for the offer - this is on the bottom of every Shop page in the 'Offers' section:

Bigger bundle + Sports: New customers only. Maxit TV including Sky Sports HD and BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD, M100 Fibre Broadband (average download speed 108Mbps) and Talk Weekends. £65 a month for 12 months. Online offer ends 1st September 2019. Price includes line rental (£19 per month). Standard monthly pricing (currently £110 per month) applies from month 13. If you cancel your service during your minimum term an early disconnection fee will apply. Downgrading a service in your bundle may result in loss of bundle discount. If you upgrade any aspect of the service, standard pricing will apply to that upgrade. Virgin Media reserves the right to withdraw or amend the pricing if you change any part of your package. Virgin Media reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer unless stated by Virgin Media.

So it's a new customer offer, not a permanent bundle change to the Bigger or Bigger Oomph bundles.

Here's the general term that covers Sky Sports HD - again on every Shop page in the 'TV' section:

Sky Sports HD channels: Sky Sports HD channels £7 per month when subscribing to Sky Sports SD channels.

Ok where is the bigger + sports list? Can someone from virgin answer?

arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 56 of 73
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Rachael_F wrote:

Hi kreid4,

I'm afraid there's nothing new for now. The agreement made back in May 2014 was for "five years plus" so you may find it's a while yet before any new deal is made.

Unfortunately, it's very rare that we have any details prior to public announcements to avoid anything being leaked in advance. You can keep an eye on our site for any press releases related to this, as well as many other areas of the business. I'm sure we'll be shouting about any updates as soon as we have information to give 🙂

Thanks,

Rachael

Over five years now. Can someone from virgin answer rather than so called super users?

kreid4
Up to speed
Message 57 of 73
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Rachael or any VM agent

Have you seen this 

New Sky VM deal July 2019

arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 58 of 73
Flag for a moderator

After a bit of negotiating  on chat, I got sky sports for half price for 6 months and a £50 credit that more than covers HD for six months. Cheers.

kreid4
Up to speed
Message 59 of 73
Flag for a moderator

@arrgee1991 wrote:

After a bit of negotiating  on chat, I got sky sports for half price for 6 months and a £50 credit that more than covers HD for six months. Cheers.

Which chat option did you contact.

Upgrade content

or 

Remove content

Thank you

Regards

K

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 60 of 73
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@kreid4 wrote:

@arrgee1991 wrote:

Which chat option did you contact.

Upgrade content

or 

Remove content

Thank you

Regards

K

Upgrade.  I had player TV, so I asked to upgrade to bigger package and then enquired about Sky Sports.  I referred to the HD included on the bigger + sports package and was offered a £50 credit to cover that.   Would have cost £73/month (bigger + sports) + £35 set up fee (£901/annum) as a new customer, but I am paying £63/month (bigger) + £15.87/month (sky sports) + £7/month (hd) - £50 credit (£841/annum).  Not dissimilar. Only difference is Sky sports is only half price for 6 months, but that suits me as it will end when the Premier League has its mid season break, so I will give 30 day notice in January. And I can use my Now TV 3 month pass for the remainder of the season.

0 Kudos