Menu
kreid4
Up to speed
Message 31 of 73
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will sky sports be HD only from 1 October 2018

Rachael

Thank you for the reply.  I guess the 5 years is now up.  (how long is the plus for?)

I am thinking about starting a new 12 month contract (my current one ends shortly in May 2019).  So it is  bit of a risk for me at the moment. If VM do not have a deal with Sky for their content.   

I have been watching for the press releases thank you.

Do you have any advice on how to move forward with my new contract with VM? 

Thank you  

Regards

Ken

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 73
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ken,

You're more than welcome 🙂 I'm afraid that you've got as much information as I have in regards to the "plus" part. This is the wonderfully vague term used in the initial press announcement and I've been unable to find any further details. I'd like to think that the purpose of this ambiguity is to avoid any finite end to the arrangement which may cause difficulties for our customers. It's likely that this current deal will continue until either Virgin or Sky decide it's no longer viable. However, guessing the reasoning behind corporate decision-making is always a risky one!

I can certainly appreciate your concern but would like to do my best to reassure you. We are not currently aware of any discussions regarding a change to the supply of Sky's content to Virgin Media customers. We expect all our customers to have access to the same standard and premium content moving forwards, until any announcements are made to the contrary. If there were to be a change announced in the future, there would be a statutory notice period where all affected customers would be informed of any differences and applicable cancellation rights.

Regarding your contract moving forwards, my advice would be to negotiate a deal based on your current wants and needs. If the worst were to happen and we were to lose Sky channels, you would have plenty of notice to arrange a switch to a new provider.

I hope that helps, but feel free to raise any further concerns you have and I'll do all I can to respond accordingly.

Thanks,

Rachael

kreid4
Up to speed
Message 33 of 73
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Any news about sky sports HD becoming available as a standard part of  sky sports add on's with VM.,

Sky customer no longer have to pay for HD sky sports, so why are VM demanding an extra 7.00 per month.

Thank you

Regards

kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 73
Flag for a moderator

No news.  Am just about to cancel sky sports for the summer.   I know it takes a month but I will see the cricket final if i cancel now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 73
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I'm afraid that I couldn't comment on a competitor's pricing, but the charges applied to any Sky services available via our platform are down to the licence agreement we have with Sky for providing these services.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
kreid4
Up to speed
Message 36 of 73
Flag for a moderator

kreid4
Up to speed
Message 37 of 73
Flag for a moderator

It looks like sky sports HD is now available in bigger + sports  (Maxit TV) to new customers.   Will existing customers already on that package receive the upgrade to HD automatically? If so when?

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/bigger-bundle-sports

My TV package is  (Maxit TV XL2 + sports)

Thank you

Regards

K

kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 73
Flag for a moderator

lets hope so

What about people not on the big bundle though

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 39 of 73
Flag for a moderator

@kreid4 wrote:

It looks like sky sports HD is now available in bigger + sports  (Maxit TV) to new customers.   Will existing customers already on that package receive the upgrade to HD automatically? If so when?

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles/bigger-bundle-sports

My TV package is  (Maxit TV XL2 + sports)

Thank you

Regards

K

That page does say it's a 12 month offer for the free Sports HD as part of bundle deal, not that it's a permanent change for everyone who has Maxit TV and Sky Sports.

So it's currently like any other offer that you may get as part of a bundle deal - whether you're a new or existing customer.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 73
Flag for a moderator

I phoned to cancel sky sports (HD) in June because I wanted to maybe take it up again in August.

Right there and then I was offered sky sports (HD) for half price for a year.

Decided to take it since I will use it and half price works out about £19 instead of £39.

I can’t watch the SD when it comes to sport.     If I was on the breadline i would consider the SD as better than nothing but I want the HD.

0 Kudos