Menu
snikpoh1973
Tuning in
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has "Yesterday" been moved from Documentaries?

@praxis wrote:

@snikpoh1973 wrote:

How do you do a quote on this forum?

Anyway, @praxis - I never saw any such message and I go into Documentaries most days.

Also, more helpful than a pop up blocking half the screen, which you have to spend time working out how to get rid of, I was suggesting that the slot where the channel used to be is kept on for a few weeks with a banner message explaining where it is now. Surely to anyone with half a brain it's the most blindingly obvious thing to do, as that's where the channel's fans will look.  

The message I referred to only appeared on the original channel number telling you that what was 150 is now 165 if I am reading your reply correctly regarding a slot being kept with a banner message I’ve only seen that when a channel closes down on the EPG not when one has moved.

Absolutely no reason why it couldn't also be done in these circumstances. It would be helpful to customers.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has "Yesterday" been moved from Documentaries?

@snikpoh1973 wrote:

@praxis wrote:

@snikpoh1973 wrote:

How do you do a quote on this forum?

Anyway, @praxis - I never saw any such message and I go into Documentaries most days.

Also, more helpful than a pop up blocking half the screen, which you have to spend time working out how to get rid of, I was suggesting that the slot where the channel used to be is kept on for a few weeks with a banner message explaining where it is now. Surely to anyone with half a brain it's the most blindingly obvious thing to do, as that's where the channel's fans will look.  

The message I referred to only appeared on the original channel number telling you that what was 150 is now 165 if I am reading your reply correctly regarding a slot being kept with a banner message I’ve only seen that when a channel closes down on the EPG not when one has moved.

Absolutely no reason why it couldn't also be done in these circumstances. It would be helpful to customers.  

As far as I can see the channel number for Yesterday has not been changed anytime recently, so this suggestion of a holding page is a non starter.  From what I have read in this thread this is about what section of the TV Guide on the TiVo/V6 box that the channel appears in.  To be honest, until reading this thread I wasn't aware that one could restrict the guide to certain genre via the green button option.