Menu
snikpoh1973
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Why has "Yesterday" been moved from Documentaries?

Can't see the point, and not even a mention that it was going to happen. 

This type of casual disregard for the customer really annoys me.   

Spent ages looking for it to set series link for the new series of Murder Maps, but nothing until I found it quite by chance in the ordinary programmes. 

All it needed was a little advisory slot in Documentaries saying it could now be found elsewhere, but VM seemingly like causing inconvenience for customers. 

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has "Yesterday" been moved from Documentaries?

A quick glance of the schedule on Yesterday, clearly shows that a lot of its programs are not documentaries and are comedy programs, i.e. 'Allo 'Allo!, Porridge, The Two Ronnies, Open All Hours, etc.

In respect to changes to classifications and numbers, Virgin are in a no win situation, they are slated for providing notifications and slated for not.

You can easily add Yesterday to your Favorites.

The Favorites option allow you to add or remove any channel that is in your package and it is auto updated even if the channel number changes.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
snikpoh1973
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, oddly enough I am aware of how to add a channel to favourites, but there should be no pressing need to bother. My point was that all VM had to do was leave a free slot (for a few weeks) where Yesterday used to be, to say it's now moved, and where to. I don't see how that is in any way a "no win" for them. It's just common courtesy as well as the logical way forward. 

As far as the type of programme on the channel is concerned, I'm not bothered about it moving. I just want to be informed when it does.  

It does still show a number of documentaries, especially concerned with WW2. So for me, no obvious reason why it should move, especially as other documentary channels also show programmes which are very arguably, not documentaries.  

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@snikpoh1973 wrote:

Yes, oddly enough I am aware of how to add a channel to favourites, but there should be no pressing need to bother. My point was that all VM had to do was leave a free slot (for a few weeks) where Yesterday used to be, to say it's now moved, and where to. I don't see how that is in any way a "no win" for them. It's just common courtesy as well as the logical way forward. 

As far as the type of programme on the channel is concerned, I'm not bothered about it moving. I just want to be informed when it does.  

It does still show a number of documentaries, especially concerned with WW2. So for me, no obvious reason why it should move, especially as other documentary channels also show programmes which are very arguably, not documentaries.  

When the recent channel numbers changed there was an on screen notification on each channel that had been moved so if Yesterday was on say 145 then moved to 123 if you then went to 145 there was an on screen message that popped up telling you the channel had moved. You then had to press the clear button to get it to go away so VM did notify customers of relevant channel number changes for ease of changing Favourites and recording schedules.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You cant please everybody all the time:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Annoying-screen-messages/m-p/3799649#M43375

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes I agree nodrogd, a real disaster channel moves.
0 Kudos
snikpoh1973
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How do you do a quote on this forum?

Anyway, @praxis - I never saw any such message and I go into Documentaries most days.

Also, more helpful than a pop up blocking half the screen, which you have to spend time working out how to get rid of, I was suggesting that the slot where the channel used to be is kept on for a few weeks with a banner message explaining where it is now. Surely to anyone with half a brain it's the most blindingly obvious thing to do, as that's where the channel's fans will look.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@snikpoh1973 wrote:

When you have pressed the Reply button, press the Quote button. See attached:

95F33437-4E03-473C-9BA6-2AAE5379FAC7.png

0 Kudos
snikpoh1973
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

@snikpoh1973 wrote:

When you have pressed the Reply button, press the Quote button. See attached:

95F33437-4E03-473C-9BA6-2AAE5379FAC7.png

Thanks - first useful reply I've had on here.

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@snikpoh1973 wrote:

Anyway, @praxis - I never saw any such message and I go into Documentaries most days.

Also, more helpful than a pop up blocking half the screen, which you have to spend time working out how to get rid of, I was suggesting that the slot where the channel used to be is kept on for a few weeks with a banner message explaining where it is now. Surely to anyone with half a brain it's the most blindingly obvious thing to do, as that's where the channel's fans will look.  

The message I referred to only appeared on the original channel number telling you that what was 150 is now 165 if I am reading your reply correctly regarding a slot being kept with a banner message I’ve only seen that when a channel closes down on the EPG not when one has moved.

0 Kudos