Menu
Wizz47
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Who would have thought it?

Virgin Media announces price rises for 5million broadband, phone and TV customers

For the second time in two years Virgin is hiking prices for existing customers - this is how much they are going up and your rights to walk away penalty free or negotiate a discount

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/virgin-media-announces-price-rises-13091183

Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Who would have thought it?

Shock horror! A company that increases its prices every year!

At least my car and house insurance, gas and electric prices etc don't increase every year.

Oh, wait!

Flossy744
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Cueball99 wrote:

Shock horror! A company that increases its prices every year!

At least my car and house insurance, gas and electric prices etc don't increase every year.

Oh, wait!

Virginmedia are worse, I have had 2 price increases in the past, within 4 months.

my car/ house insurance / gas/ electric, haven’t ever done that, yes they increase but not twice in 4 months.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
NotGoodEnough
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep I was giving Virgin media more than the total of gas, electric and water. Just to be messed about with, with constant faults, substandard TiVo and poor customer support and mainstream channels that come and go without notice. A month of virgin media covers a year of car or home insurance and just to browse a few websites, send a few emails, which can all be done on my phone and to watch maybe 2 or 3 hours a week of TV that isn't on Freeview.

Apparently Freeview and Freesat are going up by 10000000000000% but guess what - it is still FREE!!!

Adiós!

jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'I have had 2 price increases in the past, within 4 months'

in other words your 'loyalty' bonuses has come to an end and you are paying what you should be now.
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Wizz47 wrote:

Virgin Media announces price rises for 5million broadband, phone and TV customers

For the second time in two years Virgin is hiking prices for existing customers - this is how much they are going up and your rights to walk away penalty free or negotiate a discount

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/virgin-media-announces-price-rises-13091183

Virgin said prices for most customers would rise between £2 and £4 a month – with the average bill going up £2.20, or 4.5%.

Customers will see their bills go up in either October or November, and should receive a letter explaining what will happen to their bill before then.

The company emphasised that price changes are not related to the new agreement with UKTV to restore its channels.

So why are they going up?  According to my letter....

broadband usage increasing across our network by 31% last year,

So it's our fault for actually using the service (sigh). 

0 Kudos