Menu
Daveybear1
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Where are you!

I have just moved to a property where the landlord does not want sky arrivals on he’s propertys so have been forced to get virgin.

i was sent a quick start box but there was no quick start!

so an engineer was booked for yesterday.I was at hone at the allotted time & no engineer arrived.

i wasted my time & was very unhappy & frustrated

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where are you!

Hi Daveybear1

Welcome to the Community and to Virgin Media. I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your new service recently and for the time taken to get to this post. 

I hope things have improved for you? If not, get in touch and I'll do everything I can to make sure your services are being installed. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Daveybear1
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi craig

the news  dos not get better.

finally on Thursday 21st an engineer turned up.

But my services were not installed.

There will need to be quite a bit of drilling to install my services.

The front of the building I live in is pristine white & I know the Landlord is funny about having cables etc on the front of the building.

Not sure how to proceed now.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

if you rent you will need permission from the landlord or VM can't install anyway. You do not own the property so they need a landlords permission

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi daveybear1

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm very sorry for the continued problems you've been experiencing. 

For what to do to proceed, I'd recommend contacting your landlord to discuss the situation. When the engineer spoke to you about this, did you tell him not to do the work until you spoke with your landlord or did you say to complete the work? 

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Daveybear1
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In my previous property I had sky so I wanted sky in this property too.

But the agent said the landlord does not allow sky dishes on the property but the property is already wired up for virgin media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daveybear1

Thanks for the response, when the engineer informed you of the situation did you decline or arrange for the cable to be installed? 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Daveybear1
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I declined.The Landlord was the one one who recommended Virgin because it had previously been wired up.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So, you need to get the landlord, who told you the property was Virgin Media ready, to explain how that is the case and give his consent to drill or admit that the only option you have is Freeview.

0 Kudos
Daveybear1
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes

0 Kudos