Menu
Diggybokbok
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When will Virgin put fibre into my Close? Been waiting ten yearsWS86GA

Truly desperate to get access to all Virgin’scservices but fibre is not yet installed. We’ve been waiting for ten years! There are 13 residences who would benefit. 

How csn I persuade Virgin to help. Every other provider is available but not Virgin.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: When will Virgin put fibre into my Close? Been waiting ten yearsWS86GA

Unlikely to be worth VM's expense of laying the cables and providing the infrastructure for 13 (or less) residences.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Diggybokbok
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

True but we are of course adjacent to lots of well-established streets. This is the irony, my 83 year old mum has got the VIP package but I can't get it!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Diggybokbok wrote:
True but we are of course adjacent to lots of well-established streets. This is the irony, my 83 year old mum has got the VIP package but I can't get it!

Does not make a lot of difference about the streets around you. Infill build is expensive, & staff here have recently stated it will be 2-3 years before any new sites will be considered as the current budget is exhausted.

If you are in an unadopted street you will be excluded from build plans anyway, as VM only has agreements to build on adopted streets.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos