Menu
Reply
Highlighted
  • 93
  • 0
  • 6
Parsloes
Dialled in
311 Views
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What's the remote made of?

Today the back of my remote control fell off and, without my realising it, the dog got a hold of it & chewed it up before I found out!  Below is a photo of it, with the interior part showing as a virulent colour of green (not a very good pic, sorry.)  What I want to know is - if he's swallowed some of this stuff, will it do him any harm, what's it made of?!

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/152ox08.jpg[/IMG]

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 25.99K
  • 1.1K
  • 4.23K
Superuser
Superuser
309 Views
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: What's the remote made of?

looks like PLA

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 93
  • 0
  • 6
Parsloes
Dialled in
307 Views
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: What's the remote made of?

And what is PLA?
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 25.99K
  • 1.1K
  • 4.23K
Superuser
Superuser
304 Views
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: What's the remote made of?

Polylactic acid

is a thermoplastic aliphatic polyester derived from renewable biomass, typically from fermented plant starch such as from corn, cassava, sugarcane or sugar beet pulp

150px-Polylactid_sceletal.svg


  • 93
  • 0
  • 6
Parsloes
Dialled in
294 Views
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: What's the remote made of?

OK thanks. I've googled it & it seems it shouldn't cause my dog any significant probs if he's ingested a couple of bits. I hope not anyway!
0 Kudos
Reply