Menu
chops
Rising star
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Weekend News catch-up available on Sky but not on VM

Saturday night's BBC1 news was unavailable according to BBC iplayer accessed via VM but was available on SKY's catch-up service. Why the difference in availability of BBC programmes ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weekend News catch-up available on Sky but not on VM

How are you trying to access this? In my experience the "Goto Catchup" flag in the EPG usually takes overnight to change to "watch from catchup" and that can often be too late for iPlayer which has 24hours availability where the news bulletins are concerned. Often using the "search & explore" menus will get there quicker, but loading the app manually is pretty fail-safe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chops
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weekend News catch-up available on Sky but not on VM

@japitts wrote:

How are you trying to access this? In my experience the "Goto Catchup" flag in the EPG usually takes overnight to change to "watch from catchup" and that can often be too late for iPlayer which has 24hours availability where the news bulletins are concerned. Often using the "search & explore" menus will get there quicker, but loading the app manually is pretty fail-safe.

The direct link from the TV Guide wasn't showing so this was an attempt to access it  12 hours after transmission time by directly loading the BBC App and trying both BBC News and BBC 1 channels. It displayed 'programme unavailable' unlike Sky where readily available. I have noticed before that VM has less programmes on catch-up than their competitors Sky and Now tv. seems unfair VM customers receive an inferior service from BBC catch-up and others.

0 Kudos