Menu
Highlighted
dmx555
Dialled in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

We used to be able to add to TV package for 1 month then take it off again.

I have , in the past, tried out some premium channels (e.g. Sky Sports) for a couple months or so then been able to remove them again and go back to my previous package. Great idea and spot-on for flexibility !

Now, I am told this is no longer possible. Funny as nothing was said about this when I asked to add the premium channels. People should be warned. You now, have to re-signup for a new contract which ends up more expensive than the one you had 1 month earlier. This just makes people never want to add premium channels from now on. Very poor service and I feel like I've been conned.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: We used to be able to add to TV package for 1 month then take it off again.

@dmx555 wrote:

Now, I am told this is no longer possible. Funny as nothing was said about this when I asked to add the premium channels. People should be warned. You now, have to re-signup for a new contract which ends up more expensive than the one you had 1 month earlier. This just makes people never want to add premium channels from now on. Very poor service and I feel like I've been conned.

I signed up with Premier Sports in early June and requested it came off within a few days (ends in a fortnight).  

Is it a Sky Sports thing?  If so, I will stick with Now TV!

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be a difference of opinion on the virgin media website...

Premium channels: Premium channels and package upgrades must be kept for at least 30 days. You must subscribe to Sky Sports and/or Sky Cinema in SD to take these channels in HD. Sky Sports News HQ HD not yet available on Virgin Media. Sky Cinema Premiere +1 not available in HD.

https://my.virginmedia.com/value-for-money/tv.html

0 Kudos
dmx555
Dialled in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yep. I added Sky Sports about 5 weeks ago. After that, I phoned up with my usual "Can you now remove those Sky Sports channels and put me back where I was".

"No. Cant do that. You must now subscribe to a new 12 months contract on this new deal" (Which is 15 quid more per month  !!!).

Doesnt make any sense to me. They could have warned me this would happen BEFORE I added the new channel.

All it does is leave the customer with a feeling of being ripped off and thus, re-motivates me to take a look at the latest BT/Sky Fibre deals. ( which I otherwise have been ignoring for years ).

Just make others aware BEFORE they think about adding more channels !

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@dmx555 wrote:

Yep. I added Sky Sports about 5 weeks ago. After that, I phoned up with my usual "Can you now remove those Sky Sports channels and put me back where I was".

Did they sent you a new contract via email?  Did anything else change like broadband speed?  Did you sign up to full house sports?

They can omit some important things like the new 12 month contract when there are other incidental changes...

However even in contract you should still be able to remove the Sky channels and the price be adjusted appropriately.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@dmx555 wrote:

Just make others aware BEFORE they think about adding more channels !

I normally am, but will be more so now when I call to add BT Sport in September.

0 Kudos
dmx555
Dialled in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No. No new contract. Did get the usual email showing "You made some changes to your package".

The detail shows exactly the same price for Line Rental and TV. The only difference is the additional line saying "Premium Add ons".

Hence the logical conclusion that if one simply removes that 1 line ( Premium Add ons) then why cant the monthly bill return to the sum of the TV and Line Rental as it did before.

Very poor service and smacks of ripping people off.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@dmx555 wrote:

Hence the logical conclusion that if one simply removes that 1 line ( Premium Add ons) then why cant the monthly bill return to the sum of the TV and Line Rental as it did before.

Call retentions on 150 during office hours and ask when the new contract was issued.  If it wasn't ask to go back to original contract as you are within cooling off period.  They cannot issue a new contract if you remove premium channels.  Retentions are normally pretty reasonable and might offer you a little customer loyalty discount if you are nice to them :-)

dmx555
Dialled in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Phoned again but, this time, got a different response and , more importantly, closure.

I'll put this down to a training issue with call-centre staff and learn the lesson, that it's worth phoning gain to get a 2nd opinion.

Weird ! Thanks anyway

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Superstar
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

In my experience and certainly for matters like this, there is usually no point in talking to anyone but retentions.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos