Menu
Highlighted
philm87
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Walking Dead poor quality picture

Since the Walking Dead season restarted a few weeks ago I've noticed that the quality seems pretty poor on the FOX HD channel. It looks to be similar to the 480p channels rather than the 720p HD channels. There is even a noticeable difference in quality between the advert breaks and the show, the adverts look as if you would expect.

I can't remember what the quality was like on the first half of the season in October/November, and have upgraded to a V6 box since then.

Is anybody else having the issue and has anyone found any solutions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Walking Dead poor quality picture

Hi philm87,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with FOX HD.

Usually this kind of issue is down to the quality of the broadcast, especially if it's only affecting one program. How has it been since posting?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bobbyblueboy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Watching season 5 at present and the quality is very poor.... I've tried other shows which are excellent.

Some scenes especially in dark light are shocking... Pixallated, blurred and almost unwatchable.

0 Kudos
philm87
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I watched the latest episode last night and it's exactly the same. So it's an issue with Fox rather than Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi philm87

Thank you for talking the time to post in the Community with this information.

If the other programmes are displaying with none of the pixellation on the same channel and it's only one particular program that is affected then the issue is not with the stream being provided by us but with the content being uploaded by the channel provider.

Take care

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos