Menu
HN234
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin loyalty/New packages/leaving VM

My household has been with VM for over 10 years and Im currently paying £68 for 200mb internet, talk more anytime and full house tv. My contracts coming to an end next month.

I contacted sky and sky can offer me their full tv package, their phone and fibre internet for 46 pound a month. 

So I rang up VM customer services and told them that im wanting to add sky sports to my package and they were offering me a similar package to skys for 86 pound!

The lady on the phone wasnt even interested in offering me a proper deal or try helping me choose a package to suit my needs.

1. Would it be easier for me to switch to sky and not bother re negotiaing my package.

2. Would virgin be able to match skys deal or offer me something similar?

3. Do virgin media allow you to have a new customer deal for an existing customer? 

Im hoping someone can help me on this forum as i have tried searching everywhere

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin loyalty/New packages/leaving VM

your not a new customer with VM. you are with sky.

Move to sky of you want skys new customer deal. But you will be taking a cut in internet speeds

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@HN234 wrote:

My household has been with VM for over 10 years and Im currently paying £68 for 200mb internet, talk more anytime and full house tv. My contracts coming to an end next month.

Sounds about right. as an existing customer you pay the full price for the service.

I contacted sky and sky can offer me their full tv package, their phone and fibre internet for 46 pound a month. 

I am not surprised. You'd be a new customer for Sky and get a deal at a promotional price

So I rang up VM customer services and told them that im wanting to add sky sports to my package and they were offering me a similar package to skys for 86 pound!

Yes - but as you are an existing VM customer you'd just get a price at existing customer levels. Why are you surprised?

The lady on the phone wasnt even interested in offering me a proper deal or try helping me choose a package to suit my needs.

That is a pity. Can't help you there. Don't work for VM. But the usual advice to phone VM retentions (thinking of leaving option) and see what you can negotiate.

1. Would it be easier for me to switch to sky and not bother re negotiaing my package.

Up to you

2. Would virgin be able to match skys deal or offer me something similar?

You won't know until you ask - but that would be a steep discount.

3. Do virgin media allow you to have a new customer deal for an existing customer? 

Certainly not. They do what Sky does. Good deals for new customers. The rest of us pay the economic price.

Im hoping someone can help me on this forum as i have tried searching everywhere

A slightly more detailed reply. But you will have to speak to VM and see what they will offer.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The installation of a dish can easily cost £150 and for some properties there are restrictions on where it can be located.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Others have alluded to the same, but the absolute top internet speed you're likely to get via Sky is around 76Mb/s, and that's assuming your line is the absolute best out there, which it's (statistically) unlikely to be. There's a few sites out there that will give you an estimated broadband speed based on your postcode.

Whether those speeds are a problem for you, is something only you can decide.

cranforduk
Up to speed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sound like a good deal  at £46 but is it equivalent to the VM package?

Over 18 months you need to factor in the one off costs.

I know the BB speed is not  as good but are you getting the BT Sports which Full House includes and the Talk Anytime which you are paying for?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you are a sports nut who wants all the footy/etc in HD it will cost you.......

Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 14.56.05.png

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
HN234
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah i will be recieving the sports package and sky cinema package aswell as calls anytime, the only thing i wont be receiving which is as good as virgin media is the broadband. The broadband will be skys fibre but i know that isnt as good as virgin media but in my area virgin can only deliver up to 200mb

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@HN234 wrote:

Yeah i will be recieving the sports package and sky cinema package aswell as calls anytime, the only thing i wont be receiving which is as good as virgin media is the broadband. The broadband will be skys fibre but i know that isnt as good as virgin media but in my area virgin can only deliver up to 200mb

Wow all that including BT sports for £46 that is a good deal.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Everyone's at it, VM'a Ultimate Oomph bundle is now £89pm for 12 months but you then pay £135pm.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos