Menu
Isitjustme
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Package Mis-selling

I was contacted by one of the Virgin sales team after I requested to find out more about upgrading from just a current broadband package to include a Virgin TV package.  I was very clear with the sales assistant that I wanted to replicate the services I currently have with Virgin, SKY and BT to migrate all these services and roll them up into a single Virgin only agreement and we explored how this could be possible. Eventually we agreed an introductory 12-month agreement of £71.88 per month and £114.17 thereafter.  On installation today I discover that Sky Sports HD is not included in the price and I would have to upgrade, despite agreeing this upfront with the Virgin sales assistant. I have now checked my paperwork that Virgin sent me on the 30th May and they have attempted to increase my monthly service charge to £98.87. Therefore my issue with Virgin is 2-fold, the Virgin sales assistant mis-sold me a package in an attempt to acquire my business by not disclosing clearly that SKY Sports would not be view-able in HD and secondly Virgin are attempting to charge me £98.87 for the Sky Sports HD service they originally sold me and yet expect me to now upgrade and pay them more for something I was told I could have for at the original price on £71.88. I have complained to Virgin through the usual channels and will await their observations on this state of affairs before I take this complaint to OFCOM.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Package Mis-selling

I cant comment on the change in the charges. But as far as SkySports is concerned, Sky only provide HD as standard to their own customers. All "wholesale" providers have to add an HD "surcharge" to access them. So HD is standard on Skys platform only. SD is standard everywhere else. As far as sales are concerned you are getting all the channels. Sky will say the same of channels like Paramount, which are available on Virgin in HD, but not on Sky.

Hopefully the Sky Sports discrepency will disappear when Sky renews its carriage contracts, as it has done with Sky Cinema

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Isitjustme
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, I get that now, but that's absolutely not what the sales assistant said when they were signing me up.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi just to add to nodrogds, reply Ofcom don't deal with individuals, I believe you have to make a formal complaint to virgin then there is another outlet to contact, if you do a search on here under complaints I think you should be able to find details.Regards Micky