Menu
Ush1
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Radio

Why is Virgin Radio not available as a Radio channel, Sky have done a deal to provide it to their customers

HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Radio

I asked about this in march 2016, this is the reply I got.

Message 2 of 3

Hi there Lurgod, 

I don't have any news on this at the moment, however I with you on that, I'd love for it to be on my TiVo® as I don't have a DAB radio at home - however I get my fix of Edith Bowman in the morning when I drive into work. 

I'm sure that the powers that be are working on bringing this over to TiVo® and as soon as we have further information, be sure that we'll be posting about it in our News forum.

Cheers

Huw

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you have a V6 you will probably be able to get it on the Radioline app. Otherwise I wouldn't hold your breath.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is indeed available via the Radioline app.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not so much Sky providing it as Virgin radio paying for a satellite slot.

Virgin is free to air so can now be received all over Europe by anyone with a FTA satellite receiver. It just so happens they have paid a small fee to be included on the Sky & Freesat EPG, but otherwise this is nothing to do with Sky.

They would have to pay VM as well if they wanted an EPG slot. With it being on the Radioline app on V6 boxes they pay VM nothing.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
praxis
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

Virgin is free to air so can now be received all over Europe by anyone with a FTA satellite receiver. It just so happens they have paid a small fee to be included on the Sky & Freesat EPG, but otherwise this is nothing to do with Sky.

They would have to pay VM as well if they wanted an EPG slot. With it being on the Radioline app on V6 boxes they pay VM nothing.

Am I not right in saying Virgin Radio is owned by the same company as TalkSport ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@praxis wrote:

@nodrogd wrote:

Am I not right in saying Virgin Radio is owned by the same company as TalkSport ?

Yep! They are both Wireless Group owned stations.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos