Menu
Jas05
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Very poor service

We left sky to for Virgin. What a joke. 

7th June. Firstly enginners came around to install the cables and internet connection...the team wasn’t the right team, they werent trained to install fibre cable but somehow they did it. 

They left after 3hrs, but no internet, tv and phone line. When questioned it, the enginners said the software was being installed and will take 1hr.  2hrs later still not working   Wife rang back next day, was told virgin tech will come on the 9th June between 12-4pm.  No enginner game, was told he did and checked our outside box... what a load of *beep*

As I’m typing this message (9th June) my wife is on the phone again to virgin and now we being told they will come on the 11th June.  

Poor customer service, they are lying and sending out engineers who can’t do the job.

So since 26 May (this was the original installation date) plus back to 7th June, we have  no internet, no tv and phone line.  

Let see if virgin reply to this message.  If they do, please send me yr reply to my email address as I won’t be looking at this forum for a reply. 

My advise to people reading this message, please please do not go with Virgin, we never had any problems with sky, only reason left sky was for a better deal.  (Their call centre is in india (I think)  they don’t care they are robots).

I’m advising my wife, let’s go back to sky.  I don’t care we signed a contract, so far they haven’t kept their part of the deal. 

I’m luckily enough my job involves meeting famous people around, wait till I see Richard Branson on the 19th June.  

If anyone wants further information about poor service from virgin please mail me at removed@hotmail.com. There is more details to this story but I can’t be asked to waste my time writing this message on virgin forum. 

Play the extra and stay with sky. No headache. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor service

Hi Jas05,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

I'd certainly like to look into this for you so I'm just going to pop you a private message to request further information.

I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jas05
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We finally have virgin now.

Update 20th June

The complaint team rang me on Sunday evening at 7pm (to solve few other problems) which was not the best time. Told them to call back on Monday evening on my wife phone, but they rang at 3pm instead on my phone. told him to call back at 5pm. Never did. These calls are from india call centre

Your customer service is very poor. 

Still waiting for you guys to sort out compensation for calling u guys from our mobile phones when our home phone line wasn’t working. Also we used our phone data while the internet was down. 

Our cable outside the house has yet to be re wired at it’s attached to the pipe rather against the wall. 

Ive told my wife, if our problems not being solved. We will cancel our direct debit with you guys as you have not kept yr part of the deal.  Only than you guys will fix our problems.  

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi it's very rare that anyone from virgin ever calls back, I'm afraid you where unwise not deal with the call at the time, I also know it's frustrating when problems occur cancelling a direct debit arrangement is very unwise as it will affect your credit rating, and cause you more problems than Virgin, phone early in the day and select thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK, they know what they are taking about and hopefully be able to solve the issue.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Jas05
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Update 10 July.

Engineer was going around today and fix the cable outside. Please read below, email send to virgin people.  Let’s see what reply them give me back. 

Hi

Update engineer was meant to come around today’s from 1-6pm 

My father just told me, someone did pop in (3.30pm ish) checked around the tv and outside and said everything was ok and than went.

Sadly I wasn’t there as I was doing a school run and my father doesn’t speak English. 

So the engineer didn’t do the job outside. I have taken half day off work...what a waste. 

My next day off from work to wait for a virgin engineer, virgin will be paying for it as I can’t afford to take anymore days off  

Also the engineer took a plug that was Near the tv. This plug wasn’t been used, so not sure why he took it. Find out why he took it?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jas05,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Just to let you know I have replied to your private message.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Disappointed991
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Had broadband since Sept. Now told too many subscribers in the area so will have to wait for about 2 weeks for service to be restored. What a joke. Don't sign them up if your system can't cope. Now we all pay without a service. Looking to change back to sky - at least when there was the odd issue it only took a day or so!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Disappointed991,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page.

Very sorry to hear you have had trouble with your services. I'm sure the team are doing everything they can to get this resolved as soon as possible.

As you are affected by an area issue, we can credit back for the time you have been without your services. If you speak to the team, they will be more than happy to apply any relevant credit to your account. More information about this can be found here: virg.in/creditg 

Apologies for any frustration or inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Regards

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Jas05
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsey

As our internet is poor upstairs in my son bedroom and I refuse to pay a month charge for a virgin booster (never did with my other supplier), I want to cancel my contract.

How can I do this...I believe we signed our contracted last May for a service that we are not getting 100%.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jas05,

Thanks for your post.

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your WiFi in your son's room.

Have you gone through diagnostics with our tech team?

You can see hints and tips on improving your WiFi service here: virg.in/wifihelp

You can also download our connect app and run the WiFi optimisation option through this to see if this helps improve things for you.

Regards

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos