Menu
RDL
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very frustrated!

I booked a technician  - after two phonecalls lasting over 40 minutes in total (the first operator cut me off after 20 minutes). I came home early today because the technician appointment was for 4-7pm. 

At 6pm i got a call saying the technician was delayed and he'd be with me by 7:30pm. It's now 8:15pm and I've heard nothing.

This is inconsiderate and frustrating. It is very easy for virginmedia to be in touch with their technicians and vice versa  (Tesco delivery drivers seem to be able to do it). A simple call or text would be the least that could be done to keep customers informed.

I feel like telling the guy to go away when he gets here but then I'll have to face ages on the phone tomorrow going through this whole palaver all over again.

I'd be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else. 

0 Kudos
RDL
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very frustrated!

Now it's 9:11- still no sign......!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
kevino81
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

did he come?

0 Kudos
RDL
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No - but when I rang this morning they told me he had been. When I said he definitely hadn't they said he might have just worked on the line from outside but couldn't tell me whether that was in the street outside my house or from the junction box a street away. Anyway, if that was the case why did I need to be home for a certain time? You'd think at least someone might have told me - leaving work early was a pain.

In addition the person I spoke to today told me the reason for the glitching was because the co-axial cable wasn't in properly. I've yet to find out if that is the case but if I'd been told that initially I wouldn't have booked an engineer.

The overall impression I've come away with after the last couple of days of contacting virginmedia (I haven't gone into detail in my posts about how far round the houses I've been taken) is that it's pot luck whether you get someone on the end of the line who actually seems to know or care what you're talking about.