Menu
Highlighted
yvonne_t
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Very disappointed with new Virgin box.

Takes ages to even start.  To scroll through multiple screens takes ages, going through one item at a time, very wearing on the thumb.  If we want a reminder for a later programme it won’t do that, it just records the future programme. When searching/viewing for Catchup the icons are hard to read and not in alphabetical order (the old box was lists by text). Once a Catchup IS selected the programme keeps freezing every ten minutes or so with an error message.  Have to start from square one again, then fast forward,then it takes several minutes to restart.  A half hour programme takes an hour and a half to watch. We are on the verge of changing provider.  Can we have the old system back?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very disappointed with new Virgin box.

Errr.. which box are you disappointed with - V6 or Tivo? What BB service do you have ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
yvonne_t
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Where can I find this information? (No label on the box)

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi look at your bill.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
yvonne_t
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's a TiVo box, Vivid 100 optical fibre wireless broadband.Hope that makes sense
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don't know if you have any "technical problem" that might need resolving, and I know this isn't helpful, but.....
A couple of years ago we used to have a Tivo in the front room and I had a V+HD box in my "mancave". VM offered us a second Tivo upgrade for free. I hated the Tivo interface (in the same way you seem to) so much I flatly refused several offers. Then when the V6 was released and we were upgraded it was like a revelation. It was 1000% better (in my opinion) - so good that within a week I had paid for my old V+ box to be upgraded. Never regretted it for a moment. So all I would say is if you can get a relatively cheap swap to a V6 you should do so - it is light years ahead.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
yvonne_t
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much

0 Kudos