Menu
Highlighted
Staigy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM Media Store purchase plays 4K garbled sound on my v6 box and Sony Bravia TV

I recently purchased ‘Avengers Winter Soldier’ from the Media Store. I have a v6 box and a Sony Bravia tv (not 4K). Picture is fine, however, the sound is as though it is a 4K channel I.e. garbled, nonsense. Once or twice it has played perfectly, but mostly not, I can’t get it to work now. Works fine on my iOS phone. Shan’t be buying any more movies until this fixed. 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Media Store purchase plays 4K garbled sound on my v6 box and Sony Bravia TV

What happens if you set the V6's audio to PCM?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Staigy
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM Media Store purchase plays 4K garbled sound on my v6 box and Sony Bravia TV

Hey Roger, thanks for that, that seems to work! Wise indeed. I will check again later today as it did seem to work on occasions last night as I was experimenting. I thought I had been through every setting trying to get it to work! Obviously not!   Much appreciated, Staigy. 

Btw what is PCM?

0 Kudos
Staigy
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Checked for myself on Google. Who knew? Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Dolby Digital 5.1 for surround sound needs to be converted to stereo when played through a TV's speakers. It's proably best that this is done by decent TVs but in the event of a problem the conversion can be done by the V6 by selecting the Dolby Digital 5.1 to PCM which in this case means stereo.

Should you at a later date install a surround sound system you should revert to Dolby Digital 5.1.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection