Menu
praxis
Rising star
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 to superhub

Stupid question time does the V6 box have to be connected to the Superhub by Ethernet cable ? 

I’m getting shot of VM Tv in a few weeks anyway and I could be doing with the Ethernet port if I don’t need the box to have a wired connection I don’t use VM on demand or catch up. I have YouTube on my Tv also Netflix.

So basically will all Tv channels still work if I remove Ethernet cable from V6 box ?

cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 to superhub

An active V6 box can be connected to your home network via Ethernet or WiFi.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you remove the Ethernet cable, you can try to make the connection by WiFi.

If there is no connection to your Superhub, you will still be able to watch Live channels but the Guide will eventually be empty and series links will not schedule recordings.

Also, you will not be able to use any of the internet apps without the connection, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, ...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to elaborate on Ben & Ernie's replies.  It does have to be connected to the Hub.  Direct Cat6a ethernet cable is always best if you can arrange that.  If that cant be done wifi will work as long as you have a good strong and stable signal at the V6 box (I have 2 connected on wifi with no problem).  You could always test the signal environment with a wifi App on your smartphone.  Finally, you can also connect them using powerline adapters and short Cat6a cables.  There are one or two caveats with those but they do work well for this  on most occasions.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:

Just to elaborate on Ben & Ernie's replies.  It does have to be connected to the Hub.  Direct Cat6a ethernet cable is always best if you can arrange that.  If that cant be done wifi will work as long as you have a good strong and stable signal at the V6 box (I have 2 connected on wifi with no problem).  You could always test the signal environment with a wifi App on your smartphone.  Finally, you can also connect them using powerline adapters and short Cat6a cables.  There are one or two caveats with those but they do work well for this  on most occasions.

Changed it over to Wi-Fi working fine signal shows as strong it’s only for a couple of weeks as I said in original post VM Tv goes start of February.

Thanks for the info guys greatly appreciated