Menu
Anivrag
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 Error

Can anyone help please? 1 of my 2 V6 boxes has been off for over 30 days as I have been decorating my bedrooms. I have plugged it all back in but it keeps getting stuck at 33% when loading channel information and I am unable to get it working again. Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Error

A stall at 33% is the point where the box normally scans for TV channels. Is the coax cable connected correctly?

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Anivrag
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes all plugged in correctly double checked and re-booted etc.

Each time it attempts to load it stops at the 33% then gives me this message;

‘Unable to aquire channel info (S102)’

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I seem to remember a similar thing happened when my upstairs box hadnt been used for ~ a month - I called it in and they said something about it getting deactivated if it doesnt connect to the network for that length of time. They sent a signal and all was well after a reboot. Not sure if yours is the same issue but worth calling it in.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anivrag,

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing issues getting the V6 to start up, were you able to follow jbrennand's advice or are you still currently experiencing the issue?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos