Menu
Highlighted
Penrhyn5BH
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box to return but no wires or remote to return

Good afternoon all,

Currently looking at departing VM. One of the issues I'm facing is that upon installation 2 years ago, I informed the engineer (who installed the VM socket) that I won't be using TV as the TV is downstairs with the VM socket upstairs on the other side of the house. I didn't want to have the hideous cabling running through the house. 

He provided me with the V6 box saying it needs to be kept here (even though I won't use it) and I will need to return it when should I ever move to a different provider. I have this box but he took back the remote and the cabling saying once it has been touched by the user, they won't ask for it back. I did ask him to write this in the notes section of his engineer form he filled out when he drilled a hole in my wall. But I've read online everything needs to go back. I don't even have the power socket.

Any advice on what I can do as I've never watched TV on the box and I'm concerned I'm going to be charged hundreds of pounds for these items because I don't have them in the first place to return?

Any chance a copy of the form that I signed saying I was happy with the engineer's work has been uploaded onto a VM server so it can trace back the note he wrote about taking back the cabling and remote. 

Many Thanks.

Sen.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box to return but no wires or remote to return

Hi Penrhyn5BH, 

You don't need to return the wiring and stuff. Just the box will be fine 🙂

kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Penrhyn5BH
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS wrote:

Hi Penrhyn5BH, 

You don't need to return the wiring and stuff. Just the box will be fine 🙂

kind regards,

John,

Thank you so much for your response.

Just to make sure even the actual plug adaptor that would be used to power the V6 box won't be part of the returns checklist?

The engineer took that back with him too.

Many Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Penrhyn5BH,

Yes it's fine. Of course we would like the adaptor but our main concern is the V6 box itself so don't worry.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos