Menu
Highlighted
Healthylady
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V+ service ending August 2018?

Had a phone call this afternoon , claiming to be from Virgin offering me a new V6 box  as the V+ service is ending at the end of August. I would not agree to anything and not convinced it was virgin as i was not asked for a password.

I have been fed up with paying for  a full house and not being able to access box sets (and virgin wont respond to complaints about that) but is the end of V+ really happening?

0 Kudos
ianward
Up to speed
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V+ service ending August 2018?

Hi,

I am sure it is and I seem to remember that I read that it is at the ending later this month.

Ian

0 Kudos
Flossy744
Superfast
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@ianward wrote:

Hi,

I am sure it is and I seem to remember that I read that it is at the ending later this month.

Ian

Our box is older it’s The V HD  will the service for this be finishing too.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM are now actively removing all the boxes that depend on the ageing & outdated Liberate firmware platform (V+, VHD & standard V boxes).

If you have not heard from them by now I should get in touch.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

MrXoc
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We received this call last week and it was legit. They didnt ask for any personal information and simply went through the process of ordering the new box to our address.

However they actually sent a TIVO box and it took a couple of phone calls to get them to change it and send out a V6 instead. I would say to make sure they specifically say that they are sending a V6 rather than just a "newer box". The second person told us that it was based on your package, we have the largest TV package with one of the fastest BB connections and they still tried to tell us that the V6 was only for people in "certain packages".

Hope it works out for you

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@MrXoc wrote:

We received this call last week and it was legit. They didnt ask for any personal information and simply went through the process of ordering the new box to our address.

However they actually sent a TIVO box and it took a couple of phone calls to get them to change it and send out a V6 instead. I would say to make sure they specifically say that they are sending a V6 rather than just a "newer box". The second person told us that it was based on your package, we have the largest TV package with one of the fastest BB connections and they still tried to tell us that the V6 was only for people in "certain packages".

Hope it works out for you

V6 boxes should be issued to everyone except non-Broadband customers.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Healthylady
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming the call was really from Virgin. I do find it odd that neither of us was asked to confirm a pass word. I am not the account holder (you don't seem to be able to do it in two names) so technically could not agree to anything with out teh pass word to confirm i can talk on the account. I have now called VM customer services who knew nothing about the call and said there were no notes from it. I did then manage to organise the V6 fitted free and a price reduction too as i accepted a new 12 month contract.

0 Kudos
ped55
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We also had a phone call today, but understanding the caller was very difficult.
It was eventually established that one of our boxes needed to be updated, but by then the fraught communication became unbearable to continue.

As we have no prior knowledge about this topic,I requested to be contacted in writing, either by email or letter.
The response was that they could not do that.
As the ambiguous conversation continued to deteriorate further,I repeated my request and politely informed the lady I was terminating the call.

This promotes a question…
Why can’t virginmedia contact their customers directly in writing regarding such changes ?

0 Kudos
av-115
Super solver
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is an odd situation. They don't usually withdraw large numbers of set-top boxes at such short notice. No emails or letters have been sent out, and there is not an official notice to be found anywhere on this site. What's going on?

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Wolfie38
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I also received a phone call on Monday but the person at the other end could not give me any details of my address etc so I didn't think it was legit. As we have no letters or emails giving us any notice I didn't believe him. I went to the local Virgin media store and asked them in person - they said they had not been told and that we would be given 3-6 months warning when the V+ boxes are being pulled. There is nothing on the website and there are no warning messages on the TV screen. If virgin do this with 2 weeks warning from a telephone call from someone who does not speak English clear enough to get the full message it will be the final straw! V box users were given notification months in advance. We've got hours of unseen recordings and due to holiday have no chance of watching them. We know the V+ is old but it suits us - TiVo is slow and V6 will not fit our other equipment. 

We need someone to confirm this asap and explain the lack of notice.