Menu
Townshend06
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upgraded to VIP Bundle

I upgraded to the full vip bundle last sunday and have being having a nightmare with virgin customer services since. they have added all the movie channels no problem as already had skysports. 

They have increased the speed to 200mbps even though it is advertised as 350mbps that is first issue.

We had the old Tivo box replaced a few months back for the new V6 box and we kept the old box. just recently bought an additional tv upstairs and thought we could get an additional V6 box as advertised with the vip bundle. according to virgin this is not the case and we have to use the old tivo box or pay over £100 to get a new v6 box which i find out of order.

Does anyone know if they are right or not. getting sick of constantly flogging a dead horse with them and being on hold for god knows how long

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgraded to VIP Bundle

@Townshend06 wrote:

They have increased the speed to 200mbps even though it is advertised as 350mbps that is first issue.

Which broadband hub do you have? Also if you sign into My Virgin Media and look at your package, what broadband tier does it say you are on?

@Townshend06 wrote:

We had the old Tivo box replaced a few months back for the new V6 box and we kept the old box. just recently bought an additional tv upstairs and thought we could get an additional V6 box as advertised with the vip bundle. according to virgin this is not the case and we have to use the old tivo box or pay over £100 to get a new v6 box which i find out of order.

I'm confused by this statement. Please clarify which box(es) you now have on your account. Edit: I understand now that I've re-read it, you have a V6 as your main box and a TiVo upstairs. You should definitely have two V6 boxes if you are indeed on the VIP bundle.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Townshend06
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi av-115 thanks for replying sorry if it was a little confusing.

Says I'm on the top broadband tier at 200mbps when i sign in to the account online and I believe we have the 3.0HUB.

Have checked the postcode and we can get 350mbps.

Yeah that's correct v6 as main as main box downstairs and to go upstairs glad you agree that I should have another V6 box.

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To me it doesn't look like they have upgraded you to VIP at all since you are not on VIVID 350 and you haven't got the two V6 boxes. In My Virgin Media you should see this: (note that the purple bar will still top out even if you're on VIVID 200)

hWatbs4

Have you received any email confirming that you have upgraded to the VIP package?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@av-115 wrote:

To me it doesn't look like they have upgraded you to VIP at all since you are not on VIVID 350 and you haven't got the two V6 boxes. In My Virgin Media you should see this:

Have you received any email confirming that you have upgraded to the VIP package?

Not all areas currently get VIVID 350 - in those cases you'll get VIVID 200 instead as part of VIP.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:

@av-115 wrote:

To me it doesn't look like they have upgraded you to VIP at all since you are not on VIVID 350 and you haven't got the two V6 boxes. In My Virgin Media you should see this:

Not all areas currently get VIVID 350 - in those cases you'll get VIVID 200 instead as part of VIP.

@Townshend06 wrote:

Says I'm on the top broadband tier at 200mbps when i sign in to the account online and I believe we have the 3.0HUB.

Have checked the postcode and we can get 350mbps.

0 Kudos
Townshend06
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

20190131_151954.jpg

This is off my phone, yeah the purple bar is full but just says vivid 200.

Can't get into emails at the minute will keep trying.

I spoke to someone on live chat and they said I should have two v6 boxes! 😂 and vivid 350

0 Kudos