Menu
Pete531
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade.

So, last night I upgraded my package and received confirmation emails confirming my new package and monthly cost. Today I've received another confirmation email confirming my new package and monthly cost and it's £3:50 more than I'd agreed. Tried chatting online to something like a cross between a human being and a robot which was a complete waste of time!

0 Kudos
d-t1980
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade.

E-mail the CEO

[REMOVED]

This is going to be my standard answer to all complaints until Virgin realise how sh!t their customer service is and actually do something about it.  It's sad, but it's the only way to speak to someone human....having said that i'm still waiting for them to call me after 4 days.  All I have had is an acknowledgement so far.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Bengie
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh they know how bad they are, they just don't give a damn.
0 Kudos
Pete531
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I thought this was run by Virgin Staff?

Can anyone please explain why my agreed upgrade went up by £3:50 overnight without any notification?

I haven’t received the V6 box either?

I suffer from PTSD, Anxiety, Depression and Stress, I don’t need this sort of hassle!

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Pete531 wrote:

So, last night I upgraded my package and received confirmation emails confirming my new package and monthly cost. Today I've received another confirmation email confirming my new package and monthly cost and it's £3:50 more than I'd agreed. Tried chatting online to something like a cross between a human being and a robot which was a complete waste of time!

As you never stated what you upgraded to I assume the additional £3.50 is the yearly increase and you are well within the 14 Day cooling off period call them back ASAP and ask why you were not told this at the time. If they don’t reduce to original quoted price tell them to cancel the upgrade. Call 150 from VM landline choose options 1 1 4 5 thinking of leaving us that will get you through to retentions call as early as possible they open at 8am calling early will cut down on your wait time and hopefully get you a UK call centre

0 Kudos
Pete531
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Praxis,

Thank you for your input. I replied on Monday with copies of emails etc but for some reason or other I can’t see my reply.

But basically my annual increase took effect from the first of this month, it increased by £3:75 from £88:11 to £91:86. 

My new package with discount was confirmed as being £104 but increased the following day so £107:50

What's included in 'Your package'?

'Your package' is your standard monthly price, plus any discounts or offers. It includes all services charges, personal picks add-ons, equipment and offers. You pay for your services in advance, and have been charged for the period shown.

Got another question?

If you have another question about your bill, your payment date or a general service question, you can find more help here

Bill breakdown

Owed from last bill

£0.00

Your previous bill was paid in full, thank you.

Your last bill amount  (bill date:  10 Jul)

£88.11

Made a payment? When you make a payment towards your previous bill, or we take your payment by Direct Debit, you'll see all related transactions here.

Payment - Thank you

25 Jul

Cr £88.11

Your package

£88.11

Your package for the next period covers 07 August - 06 September

Premiere Collection
£88.11
All services included in your Virgin Media bundle will be grouped by product and displayed here. The price displayed is the full package price without any discounts or offers.

If you've added one or more personal picks to your bundle, we'll show you how much those extra's cost.

Television:

Full House TV (Xl) 1 Additional TV Box Virgin TV V6 Box, Powered By TiVo TiVo Monthly Fee TiVo Credit

Broadband:

M150 Fibre Broadband

Telephone:

Talk Weekends Line Rental

Last month's package

view previous bill

Payment Handling Charge: Your payment is made to Virgin Media Payments Ltd, which is responsible for collecting the amounts payable by you to Virgin Media Ltd. Just so you know, if you don't pay by Direct Debit, Virgin Media Payments Ltd may charge a payment handling fee.

Late Payment Fee: Please make sure you pay the bill before the payment due date otherwise you may be charged a late payment fee.

Failed Payments: If any cheque or direct debit is cancelled or not cleared by your bank or building society you may face a failed payment fee. This fee is to cover the cost to us levied by your bank or building society.

Please see our price guide for details of our charges.

Previous bills

10 September
£91.86

12 August

£88.11

Hello PETER,

Thanks for upgrading your Virgin Media package. To help you keep track of your order, there's a summary of what you chose further down the page.

Your order summary

Order ref: WS6370234

Order date: Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Monthly cost breakdown

You've got our Bigger bundle + Movies

£104.00 a month

£91.86 current monthly cost

M200 Fibre Broadband

Maxit TV

Talk More Weekends

Virgin Phone line

Your extras - all included in your monthly total

Sky Cinema Collection

Kids Pick

Equipment

Virgin TV V6 box

Included

Your total

Monthly cost

£104.00 a month

One off payment

- added to the first bill (includes installation cost)

£0.00

- by debit/credit card

£0.00

0 Kudos