Menu
Bonnie2606
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

UKTV player

What package do you need for UKTV player? I have the basic player tv package and this is not available.

It is a free service and I can watch it through my freeview tv in another room but cannot get this on my Virgin tv? I’m confused why it would be a higher subscription when it is a free service...am considering leaving Virgin as the on demand services are pretty poor!

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: UKTV player

UKTV player is on online application that allows you to stream its programs to TV's.

Whilst there may be more content on Freeview than on Virgin, it is not a virgin problem it is more to do with what UKTV allow to be viewable.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Bonnie2606
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I appreciate your response but I found a programme I wanted to watch on demand and when I clicked watch Virgin told me I had to upgrade my services to receive this (specifying UKTV).

I don’t understand why this would only be offered on a higher subscription when it is free on freeview. If Virgin are able to offer it on a higher subscription they clearly have the rights to show it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Some box sets require a higher level of subscription, what is show?

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You should be able to view Catch Up programmes from the UKTV channels that are included in your TV pack (Yesterday, Really, Drama & Dave). Please tell us which programme you are trying to watch and which channel it was broadcast on.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Bonnie2606 wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate your response but I found a programme I wanted to watch on demand and when I clicked watch Virgin told me I had to upgrade my services to receive this (specifying UKTV).

I don’t understand why this would only be offered on a higher subscription when it is free on freeview. If Virgin are able to offer it on a higher subscription they clearly have the rights to show it.

It's not all free as VM has to pay to broadcast Gold, Alibi, Eden, Good Food and W.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Bonnie2606
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I was trying to watch taskmaster which i believe is broadcast on dave and that is included in my package. 

0 Kudos
Bombermanuk
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem with taskmaster, did you find a resolution?

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The lack of apps on VM is a slight frustration with what is otherwise an excellent TV service. VM not having the All4, My5 and UKTV Play apps (which are all now on Freeview Play) is a bit of an issue because it claims to offer 'all your favourite free to air players, services and channels'.

0 Kudos