Menu
praxis
Rising star
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv Licence

@annorax wrote:

@Elena1205 wrote:

Ok thanks guys , but WHY ? as i said my tv is set on hdmi, the option live tv isnt used !

i don’t understand why though. Its a rip off if you ask me and should have the option to take bbc channels out if i want so. I dont watch bbc ever ! 

Click on the link.

Live TV and how you watch it - TV Licensing

The BBC , ITV , etc you view on VM box are the same channels you view through your Tv aerial the only way you can avoid a Tv licence fee is if you never watch a Live Tv broadcast from any UK Tv suppliers and I would defy anyone to say they have never watched Live Tv of any kind so like the rest of us pay up accept it as a stealth tax like every other one in the UK so far the only thing not taxed is fresh air and if they could figure out how to pull that off they would.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Its a valid question though, just a matter of extremes.

If I watch BBC content through a ropey IPTV app, I can avoid the licence fee, but if I watch it through a paid for subscription through a set top box I cant....

I HAVE a TV licence but the ONLY thing I watch on the BEEB is Doctor Who. Oh hold on , This Country as well.....

Honest people penalised. Again.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If you watch TV - even if it's never BBC - you still have to pay the TV Licence fee.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Shelke
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

As long as you're watching live T.V. (no matter how the connectivity method) then you would need the license. If you do on demand content only, no problem.

I have T.V.s at home, but no license. They're hooked up as monitors for desktop computers and game consoles. I remember when I told them (BBC) I didn't watch live T.V. anymore. They sent someone round to check, I could have denied them access sure. But I let the person in and they checked that there was no T.V. by the aerial. Never heard from them since. T.V.s are great multipurpose monitors.

0 Kudos
annorax
Superfast
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@praxis wrote:

@annorax wrote:

@Elena1205 wrote:

Ok thanks guys , but WHY ? as i said my tv is set on hdmi, the option live tv isnt used !

i don’t understand why though. Its a rip off if you ask me and should have the option to take bbc channels out if i want so. I dont watch bbc ever ! 

Click on the link.

Live TV and how you watch it - TV Licensing

The BBC , ITV , etc you view on VM box are the same channels you view through your Tv aerial the only way you can avoid a Tv licence fee is if you never watch a Live Tv broadcast from any UK Tv suppliers and I would defy anyone to say they have never watched Live Tv of any kind so like the rest of us pay up accept it as a stealth tax like every other one in the UK so far the only thing not taxed is fresh air and if they could figure out how to pull that off they would.

The same can be said for the other equipment that's listed. 

As for saying you never watch tv content from any source is by proving it and it could be hard to prove in a lot of cases.

0 Kudos