Menu
Elena1205
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tv Licence

I do not get this Tv Licence thing. I got a Virgin box and package, when i turn on the TV  i need to select HDMI 1 where the box is plugged and not first option which is Live TV. 

The tv licence thing says u only need to pay if u watch live telly well technically im not ! They are so harassing is unbelievable!!

Not too mention i already pay 60 quid a month isnt that enough ! And no not watching bbc iplayer god whats there to watch ! 

My question is do i need to pay if i watch tv via hdmi -virgin ? Help please 🙂 thxx

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv Licence

Hi Yes .Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Of course you need a licence.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Anyone using a pay TV provider must have a licence.

The only exception is Terrestrial Freeview, where you can use a TV with a  built-in Freeview tuner if you are only accessing the app content (excluding the iPlayer) for On Demand.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Elena1205
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks guys , but WHY ? as i said my tv is set on hdmi, the option live tv isnt used !

i don’t understand why though. Its a rip off if you ask me and should have the option to take bbc channels out if i want so. I dont watch bbc ever ! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just consider it a tax which you have to pay. Although it funds BBC, it’s not directly related to that.

I no longer have school age kids but would not get very far asking for a discount on my Council Tax because I no longer use the local schools.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You're still watching live TV, it's just coming through the Virgin box not the TV's tuner, the fact that the TV manufacturer has decided to call the input from its internal tuner "live TV" is completely irrelevant.

0 Kudos
Elena1205
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

sorry but it’s nothing like council tax..there’s N things i can see my money going on with council tax . U dont use schools anymore so u dont pay any money/taxes to that school or whatever there is to pay for school. 

0 Kudos
annorax
Superfast
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Elena1205 wrote:

Ok thanks guys , but WHY ? as i said my tv is set on hdmi, the option live tv isnt used !

i don’t understand why though. Its a rip off if you ask me and should have the option to take bbc channels out if i want so. I dont watch bbc ever ! 

Click on the link.

Live TV and how you watch it - TV Licensing

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have you just come on a help forum to raise a pointless argument to a question you know the answer to, don't waste people's valuable time