cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To be announced

Heysidney100
Tuning in

HI

Have been trying for a couple of weeks now and no joy!

can see the tv channels to watch but all channels to be announced, tried unplugging, tv off/on saying network  cable unplugged(which it isn't) 

tried getting help from virgin just keep going round in circles and am no further on.

any advice someone please? 

21 REPLIES 21

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Heysidney100 wrote:

It’s a v6 I believe not a tivo

Check my post 5 above, I included a link to a page with photos of both boxes to let you check.

If it's a TiVo, please refer to my previous post for advice. If it's a V6, please post back with details of how it is conneced to your homehub as that provides onward connection to the internet. Then @jbrennand previous post may also be useful.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@jbrennand 

hi its connected with an Ethernet cable, we have a netgear nighthawk box attached to hub via a Ethernet cable. 

It’s hardwired Internet (I’m told) with this hawk box, if we connect through WiFi we seem to get the list of channels back.

still no catch up though

is there a way round this do you know please?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s hardwired Internet (I’m told) with this hawk box, if we connect through WiFi we seem to get the list of channels back.

still no catch up though

Are you able to try connecting your V6 to the hub directly, for elimination purposes.

If you're getting a connection via whatever method, VOD & CatchUp should fall into place.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi

We’ve  just connected it back to the WiFi connection not the modem mode and it seems to be working now - hurrah!!!

It obviously doesn't like it in the modem mode.

Thanks very much for your help, appreciate it. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My V6 is connected by Ethernet directly to my router, and onwards to my hub in modem mode.

Works fine, nothing wrong with modem mode!

Ahh I see, wonder if there’s a problem with the cable, although we did change it and it didn’t work.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You mentioned in a previous post, about having a separate box between your router & the V6? Can you connect directly, for elimination if nothing else?

There is a virgin  Ethernet cable that connects the 2 together, are you suggesting there needs to be another cable to connect both boxes together ? 

thanks

I suspect the Nighthawk is blocking the traffic.  Connect directly to the WiFi again, and then reboot the V6.  It may take a while for the On Demand to start working.

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own

we’ve put it back onto wireless on the virgin box, everything has come back on line, how do we get things to work with the nighthawk box please, any ideas?

thanks for help