cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To be announced

Heysidney100
Tuning in

HI

Have been trying for a couple of weeks now and no joy!

can see the tv channels to watch but all channels to be announced, tried unplugging, tv off/on saying network  cable unplugged(which it isn't) 

tried getting help from virgin just keep going round in circles and am no further on.

any advice someone please? 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As others have alluded, a lack of EPG updates is often indicative of a failing/failed internet connection. The TIiVo box has this inbuilt on the same cable as the TV signal, so there's not much troubleshooting can be done. If you're getting errors as you describe, please check the front left of the box where there's a series of green lights.

Second from left should have a heart symbol next to it and indicate your online/internet status. It should be on solidly, but I suspect in your case it won't be.

If it is - then reconnecting your box to the internet for (amongst others) EPG updates should be possible if you call up TV Faults and explain your symptoms. If your light is flashing, then you either have a faulty box or area fault.

In that case, call TV Faults to report it. You may need an engineer visit, or more likely - a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My V6 is connected by Ethernet directly to my router, and onwards to my hub in modem mode.

Works fine, nothing wrong with modem mode!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I suspect the Nighthawk is blocking the traffic.  Connect directly to the WiFi again, and then reboot the V6.  It may take a while for the On Demand to start working.

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own

21 REPLIES 21

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi press the home button go to help and settings, settings, network, scroll to reconnect to the virgin media network now. This should update your TV guide. Regards Micky

Hi

i have tried that and it’s still saying Ethernet cable not plugged in but it us

thanks anyway

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Two things.

1) Try another ethernet cable - they can "fail" sometimes. That is the best way to connect it. You dont have the Hub in modem mode by any chance?

2) Disconnect the ethernet cable and try connecting on wifi from the Network settings - select your network and add password - and see if that gets it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a TiVo or a V6 box? If you're not sure, check here

Advice does differ depending....

It’s a TiVo 

thanks

Hi john

it is in modem mode, I’ve been told.

does that matter? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As others have alluded, a lack of EPG updates is often indicative of a failing/failed internet connection. The TIiVo box has this inbuilt on the same cable as the TV signal, so there's not much troubleshooting can be done. If you're getting errors as you describe, please check the front left of the box where there's a series of green lights.

Second from left should have a heart symbol next to it and indicate your online/internet status. It should be on solidly, but I suspect in your case it won't be.

If it is - then reconnecting your box to the internet for (amongst others) EPG updates should be possible if you call up TV Faults and explain your symptoms. If your light is flashing, then you either have a faulty box or area fault.

In that case, call TV Faults to report it. You may need an engineer visit, or more likely - a replacement box.

I did think we needed anew TiVo box as saw somewhere this may be the case, but still no call from virgin as promised. Just getting nowhere.

thanks for your help japitts

It’s a v6 I believe not a tivo