Menu
Jonkn87
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Catch Up TV issues?

Ok so my internet connection is great but whenever I want anything on catchup it's glitchy and sounds terrible but of course I run a test and it shows no problem.... anyone got any ideas? Sounds like loads of people struggle with it... can't wait for my contract to finish so I can run back to sky and tell them what an idiot i was leaving them!!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Catch Up TV issues?

Right.

Everything except for the BBC iPlayer doesn't use the internet for catch-up services. These are all on VM's CATV playout system that uses spare broadcast channel space via one of the cable tuners on your box.

So it is either the box or a signal issue affecting the CATV part of the system at your address. 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Jonkn87
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's great thanks.. if you have any ideas of what I can do to sort the issue that would help.. for example I've reset the hub, turned it all off and on and ran the test of the app twice and it's still saying there's no problem.. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Jonkn87 wrote:

That's great thanks.. if you have any ideas of what I can do to sort the issue that would help.. for example I've reset the hub, turned it all off and on and ran the test of the app twice and it's still saying there's no problem.. 

This is not something you can fix yourself. More than likely a tech visit will be needed to do some troubleshooting. First course of action is to ring customer services & get them to run the full diagnosics on the box.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped